Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Turbo Nocks

Old 01-29-2004, 05:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Turbo Nocks

Hey guys - any of you heard or used these things. I saw them yesterday at a Sports show. It is basically a nock that slides into the nock insert and has fins on it. It eliminates the need for vanes or feathers on your arrows. The only requirement is that you have to use either a whisker bisquit or fall away rest because they are a hard plastic. The dealer claims that he achieves 7800 rpm with these nocks which really stabilizes the arrow quickly.
Also, how do you guys that have them, like the whisker bisquit rest?
Old 01-29-2004, 05:14 PM

Default RE: Turbo Nocks

Have them and I have to tell you they are very good with a fall away rest. Do not expect the same with the wisker biscut. The biscut stops the turning and they fly very eratic. Also set up your fall away rest with a slight nock high paper tune. this helps get clearance of the big plastic fins when used for hunting. As for the biscut I think it's the best thing since sliced bread. I use feathers on aluminum shafts and wouldn't shoot with anything else for hunting. Target, I use turbo nocks and carbons. Good luck and happy hunting.
Old 01-30-2004, 01:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Turbo Nocks

Thanks for the info 2huntis2. that makes sense about the whisker bisquit. Now I have to start checking out fall away rests. I want something simple cause you know how it goes - If something is going to break, it will break at the worst possible time. Any recommendations?