Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Fred Bear SQ32 or Diamond Black Ice? >

Fred Bear SQ32 or Diamond Black Ice?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fred Bear SQ32 or Diamond Black Ice?

Old 03-16-2007, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Fred Bear SQ32 or Diamond Black Ice?

My cousin is looking for a bow, kinda his first. He wants to pay no more than $600 for everything total. Right now hes between the Fred Bear SQ32 and Diamond Black Ice, which is abouta $300 difference just in the bow itself. I told him to pay a reasonable amount for something the feels nice and shoots nice. Is the SQ32 a good bow? I think they both are but im just wondering if the SQ32 being the cheaper of the two will still be an alright bow?
Old 03-16-2007, 07:12 PM

Default RE: Fred Bear SQ32?

Bear products are quality at an affordable price all I hunt with and have ever hunted with is Bear. If you are close to a Gander Mountain have him check them out they carry a full range og Bear products. I just chose the Truth over Sq.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just for the record the BI isn't $900 for the bare bow. Mine was about that when all said and done. I paid $650 for the bow. I have only shot the BI and would highley recommend it to anyone.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

My pops has the sq32 and he loves it. I shot it a few times and noticed a slight hitch when you draw back. It's nothing major and you have to really feel for it, but it's there!
Old 03-17-2007, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Zdeerslayer

Just for the record the BI isn't $900 for the bare bow. Mine was about that when all said and done. I paid $650 for the bow. I have only shot the BI and would highley recommend it to anyone.

I didnt say it was 900, i just meant the SQ was about $350 and the BI about $650, ....a $300 difference. If he shoots both and likes both, should he save $300 and go with the SQ32 or go fancy with the BI?
Old 03-17-2007, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Fred Bear SQ32 or Diamond Black Ice?

ORIGINAL: kdsberman

My cousin is looking for a bow, kinda his first. He wants to pay no more than $600 for everything total. Right now hes between the Fred Bear SQ32 and Diamond Black Ice, which is abouta $300 difference just in the bow itself. I told him to pay a reasonable amount for something the feels nice and shoots nice. Is the SQ32 a good bow? I think they both are but im just wondering if the SQ32 being the cheaper of the two will still be an alright bow?
If you can find a Diamond Liberty from 06, its just about the same as the Black Ice. Infact after shooting both, I liked the 06 Liberty better, and you may be able to find one on clearance/closeout.

Its all in the hands of the shooter. Just about any bow will serve you well if you take care of it, match arrows to it properly, practice, and respect your abilities/limitations.