Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Steady Ready

Old 03-11-2005, 10:06 AM

Default Steady Ready

Hi guys (and girls),

I just visited the Knight and Hale website and the homepage has the article on the Steady Ready. For those of you who dont know what it is, you can go to www.knightandhale.com, and they have it on the homepage. I was just wondering if anyone knows whether this would be a good investment or not? I'm 14 years old and just starting bowhunting and regular archery, and have already lost 6 arrows due to the fact that my left arm is shaky, and I cant hold it still long enough to line up a perfect shot. I can shoot fine from 10 yards, but getting any animal into 10 yards of you is near impossible (or so I've heard), and any farther I try to shoot I mimss the target completely! I know that this device would probably help me alot, but I still want suggestions from everyone to get on the right track!!!

Thanks, Mike
Old 03-11-2005, 12:53 PM

Default RE: Steady Ready

You could always try it and if that dont work try lowering your poundage a little or getting a bow with higher letoff
Old 03-11-2005, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm 14 years old and just starting bowhunting and regular archery, and have already lost 6 arrows due to the fact that my left arm is shaky, and I cant hold it still long enough to line up a perfect shot
I think bb90 is right.Sounds like your poundage might be a little high.Drop your poundage down a little and shoot more often,you will strengthen up your arms and be able to crank up the poundage as you get stronger.Have you gotten your draw length correct? This will cause a major accuracy problem if its way to long.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:49 PM

wait a minute....you said im right!! SCORE But yea your draw length may be too long to
Old 03-11-2005, 03:03 PM

if you miss the target completely beyond 10 yrds. your bow is wasy to heavy for you or its way outa tune. if you can hold the bow fine . I'd take it in and get it paper tuned.