Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Steady Ready is Crap >

Steady Ready is Crap

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Steady Ready is Crap

Old 07-16-2005, 06:01 PM

Default Steady Ready is Crap

I fealt froggy today at Cabela's so I decided I would try one out. On paper when you think about it, It sounds like it actually might work. So for 68 dollars I purchased one. I DIDNT EVEN GET THROUGH 20 ARROWS before I started my drive back to Cabela's. If you are worried about broadheads affecting your accuracy, wait till you try this. Out of 20 shots at 20 yards, I had 2 decent shots, 4 miss the target, and all the rest hitting in the back or ass of the target. If anyone else purchases this and thinks its a good thing, then write me back and tell me where I went wrong. I noticed that it takes forever to get it in your normal shooting position, and you have to be exact on all your movements or your arrow tends to fly away. I didnt like it,,,,,,,, Just thought I would tell you guys and gal's, because I thought I might be interested in the product.
Old 07-16-2005, 07:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Steady Ready is Crap

So, what is a Steady Ready
Old 07-16-2005, 07:23 PM

Knight and Haleā„¢ Steady Ready: Knight & Hale answers many bow hunters prayers with the new Steady Ready. This handy unit straps to the hunters forearm, where it stays out of the way until ready for use. The adjustable support arm props into the users stomach area and makes it easy to hold a bow at full draw for long periods of time while promoting a true, steady shot. It also makes it easier to draw a bow. Rifle hunters benefit from the Steady Ready because it allows for solid off-hand shooting almost as steadily as with a shooting bench. Shotgun turkey hunters can use it like a monopod to hold shotguns at ready until that big tom shows up.

OK, the new site is starting to wear me out. Login every time. To cut and paste text you have to insert it as a hyperlink[:@]
Old 07-16-2005, 07:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks for the feedback. My issues with it always started with the practical aspect of it and not the ethical side....at least not initially.
Old 07-16-2005, 07:35 PM
Typical Buck

Looks like they shoulda named it the "Torque-O-Matic"

From the looks of it, that things just a massive problem waiting to happen. [:'(]
Old 07-16-2005, 07:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

It belongs in the same catagory as the draw lock imo. [:'(]
Old 07-16-2005, 09:37 PM

i betcha for $68 you could get 2 hours or more of shooting instruction and you wouldn't need that thing. heck, that's almost half of what you'd need to spend an entire weekend with larry wise at a shooting school. i think good instruction would last longer than that thing.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

i saw the advertisements for it in a couple of hunting mags and wasn't sure what i thought of it .... then i saw david hale and harold knights using it on there tv show and i laughed. that is such a gimmick. it showed them stalking an elk and all i could think of was how much more stuff that it would catch and hang on and how much more noise it would make.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:19 AM

I think they should stick to making calls from the looks of it. I agree, doesn't look much like archery to me? And I don't see the need for it. I can on a rifle, because you don't have any tension on the weapon. It just sort of hangs out there in front of you. With a bow you are pulling back on it putting tension on it. I hold a bow much more steady than I do a rifle or pistol off hand. I attribute that to the holding weight at full draw. I believe that is one of the reasons some like less let off, it helps them hold steadier. I have noticed if I shoot my girlfriends bow that has very light draw weight and near non existant holding weight it is not as steady for me as my bow is.

That's about one step away from taking a hooter shooter with you and using that. I mean I am usually the one here defending modern stuff like releases, sights and stuff like that. I think that is pushing it a bit far though. I bet Arthur's eyes roll back in his head when he see's this.

Paul
Old 07-17-2005, 12:34 PM

"I shoot better when I can move" was the line in the "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" movie. And I do shoot better when I can move too.

If your body is old and worn, and you won't use a X-bow you might be able to use this as an aid to shooting steadier. But just like anythig else it will still take practice to make it work for you.

As you get older the body becomes more like an old antique car that is kept in repair by high priced mechanics.

If you need a helper spring to hold your bow up so be it, I'll just be happy for you that you still are out there trying.

Good luck hunting! >>>------------>