Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Magnus Stinger broadheads >

Magnus Stinger broadheads

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Magnus Stinger broadheads

Old 03-10-2005, 07:02 PM

Default Magnus Stinger broadheads

I am looking at going to a fixed blade broadhead. I plan to try the slick tricks because I hear so much about them on this site. However, I have also considered the Mgnus Stinger 2 blade. Anyone ever try them.. How do they fly? Did you use bleder blades?
Old 03-10-2005, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Magnus Stinger broadheads

I use the 4 blade stingers. They fly PERFECT with your field points. And the warrenty is second to none, If you damage them in ANY way, just send them back, and they send you a new one. For FREE. They come SCARY sharp out of the box.

Hey, you still got your h-250?
Old 03-10-2005, 07:47 PM

Thanks, I plan to give them a try.
Old 03-11-2005, 01:48 AM

I will second what was said. Fly amazing. Very sharp. Easy to re-sharpen. Stainless steel blades. Lifetime warranty, no matter what you shoot, elk, hog, rock, tree. Send in old head, and you get a new head. Plus, you will be supporting a great representative of archery in Mike Sohm. What else is there to have in a broadhead? I shoot 125, 2 and 4 bladers.

JMAC
Old 03-11-2005, 04:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Stingers are excellent heads overall. One of the best cut on contacts on the market and they have a lifetime replacement guarenee.
Old 03-11-2005, 04:38 PM

Does anyone have a sense as to how much longer and animal might live or run when shot w/ a 2 blade (or a 2 blade w/ small bleeders) compared to 3 or 4 blade head w/ equal cutting width? I would assume it would take a little longer for an animal to bleed out and there might be a reduction in the blood trail. I know I'm asking for generalizations, and that animals don't respond to identical shots the same way. I also recognize that two blades (or 2 blades w/ small bleeders) probably have penetration advantages that might be advantageous in large animals or when trying to penetrate the shield of a wild hog. Has anyone shot enough critters w/ these different styles of heads to have formed an opinion on the speed of the demise? I know this is why some mechanical shooters are adamant about their performance. The greater cuting area purportedly kills quicker. Any thoughts?