Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Buying bowtech, need help >

Buying bowtech, need help

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Buying bowtech, need help

Old 03-01-2005, 07:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default Buying bowtech, need help

Hi, I am going to purchase a 2005 bowtech and what to know what are your favorite bow choices and weight with accessories that you put on. I am going to be hunting deer only in wooded areas. I will be shooting anywhere to under the tree until i can with the bow. So if you have any suggestions please let me know
Old 03-01-2005, 07:55 PM

Default RE: Buying bowtech, need help

Honestly, if you have your mind set on a Bowtech - then any one of them will do for deer inside 20 yds (Rascal included). Great bow company, excellent customer service. You won't be dissapointed with performance/quality from any of their lineup offered for 2005. See below for my current setup------but there are a few more BT's that I wouldn't mind adding to my inventory.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Roseaukaine,
I am looking at your specs and see you shoot 260g XT arrows? That light eh? Also I am curious about the Mighty Mite, what do you think of it, how stable is it being so short? Sounds like it needs to be my next bow!
Old 03-02-2005, 12:14 AM

Your draw length and age are important for us to know. If you're 60 years old, you probably won't like the BlackKnight but will probably fall in love with the Liberty or the Justice If you are young and have a medium length draw (27 to 29 inch), I'd bet you'll like one of the shorter bows like the Patriot, Defender or the Allegiance. If you want to get a bow that's all set up and want to save some money, the TomKat package bow is a very good value.
Check them all out and you'll settle on one you like the best.
Old 03-02-2005, 01:58 AM
Fork Horn

Patriot '05 single cam
Old 03-02-2005, 02:20 PM
Fork Horn

i am 16 years old with about a 28-30 inch draw length, i really dont know because my old renegade i outgrew, but i think i am done growing so i want a bow that will last 20 years
Old 03-02-2005, 03:32 PM

Terry, for hunting purposes, it is the best bow I have come across. Light, and suprisingly stable for such a short bow (30.5" ATA). You won't split arrows at 40 yds with it, but it comes mighty close. My total arrow weight is 375g, and my bow is as quiet as any. I have thought about beefing up on my arrow weight, but I really don't see the need yet. The Mighty Mite is one of the best sellers in my area.
Old 03-02-2005, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Terry, for hunting purposes, it is the best bow I have come across. Light, and suprisingly stable for such a short bow (30.5" ATA). You won't split arrows at 40 yds with it, but it comes mighty close. My total arrow weight is 375g, and my bow is as quiet as any. I have thought about beefing up on my arrow weight, but I really don't see the need yet. The Mighty Mite is one of the best sellers in my area.
Thanks. I handled one in a bowshop and if I hadn't just bought a bow I would have walked out with it. Great feel and balance to it I thought.
Old 03-02-2005, 04:32 PM

I was thinkin about buying a tomcat, and if you guys read this forum im sure you have seen me name off several bows i wanted, but i still havent decided because theres a lot goin on and im short on money, plus i have no where to test the bows without making a half hour drive. But the tomcat is lookin good about now.
Old 03-03-2005, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Find your draw length first. This IMO tells a lot about what type of bow you're most likely to choose. If you are leaning toward the longer side, say 30", you may be better off with a longer ATA bow like the Old Glory. If you're draw is on the medium to short side, you might like the Libery, Allegiance or Defender a bit more.

Its really all about personal preference. Find out your draw length and shoot a couple of different models at the draw length to find the one that fits you best.