Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bowtech Dually draw cycle compared to Cam .5 >

Bowtech Dually draw cycle compared to Cam .5

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech Dually draw cycle compared to Cam .5

Old 02-28-2005, 03:32 PM

Default Bowtech Dually draw cycle compared to Cam .5

Can anyone compare the feelings on these two cams when shot back to back? I've shot the cam .5 but I was wondering how the dually felt in comparison.
Old 02-28-2005, 04:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowtech Dually draw cycle compared to Cam .5

The Duallys have a much stouter draw force that the Hoyt's cam.5. The valley is also on the short side. I don't believe the duallys are as shooter friendly as the cam.5's. But if you want a barn burner with a huge brace height the duallys are the way to go.

Don't take this wrong as me saying the duallys are hard to shoot. Because they aren't they just aren't as user friendly as a Hoyt cam.5. This is also only my opinion.

If you want user friendly and a "barn burner" the equalizer binary cams are the way to go[8D]
Old 02-28-2005, 06:39 PM

I agree with Buckeye on this one. The cam 1/2 are overall a softer cam. The cam design is also more forgiving (Not the bows, simply the cams).

As for the equalizer binary cams I still have my Hoyt and the consitution was sold for a big loss. I bet Hoyt still tears them up in 3D[8D]
Old 03-01-2005, 09:34 PM
Typical Buck

Yes the cam 1/2 is smoother than the Bowtech Dually cams.. but I personally think the Bowtech cams are smoother than the Hoyt Spiral cams... which are more comparable to the bowtech cams. Might be better off comparing the regular cam 1/2 to the Bowtech Pro40 wheely cams...