Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Draw Cycle

Old 02-24-2008, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default Draw Cycle

Could someone please explain to me what the draw cycle is? I have read and heard people say something to the effect of... After a # of shots i started to notice the draw cycle. Any help?
Old 02-24-2008, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Draw Cycle

It's a "power curve" more or less of the force needed to exert to draw a bow to "full draw." Here's a couple of graphs, sort of showing a "draw cycle." The draw cycle is dependent upon drawlength, draw-weight, and the type of eccentrical cam that the bow has. Large lobed single cams and binary cams tend to have more harsh draw cycles, but also give you pretty good speeds. Where as softer single cam and dual cam or "cam and a half (really a dual cam)" bows tend to have a "smoother" or more "gentle" draw cycle while offering more forgiveness, but less speed.