Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Custom grip for my Bowtech >

Custom grip for my Bowtech

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Custom grip for my Bowtech

Old 02-26-2005, 09:32 PM

Default Custom grip for my Bowtech

I'm kicking over the idea of putting some Loesch sideplates on my constituiton, which should be here on Monday. A few questions:

1. How do you get the stock grip off w/o wrecking it?
2. How is the back of the riser to shoot off of with sideplates?
3. What wrist angle will that give me?

Thanks,

Rod
Old 02-26-2005, 10:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Custom grip for my Bowtech

ORIGINAL: HotLZ

I'm kicking over the idea of putting some Loesch sideplates on my constituiton, which should be here on Monday. A few questions:

1. How do you get the stock grip off w/o wrecking it?
2. How is the back of the riser to shoot off of with sideplates?
3. What wrist angle will that give me?

Thanks,

Rod

Rod.

There is a guy down here in garland that makes custom grips and in all honesty they are the best grips I have seen they are works of art.

In fact he is the guy who taught Loesch how to make grips.

His name is Scott he can be reached at 1-972-414-1969.

I went over to his shop and had a look at some of his grips and was more than impressed with them and when I get some spare change I am gonna get him to make me some.

Here is a link to AT where there are some pics of his grips and trust me these pics dont do his grips any justice.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=135238

Now for your other questions.

1 You cant the original grp will break when you take it off.

2 The back of the riser with side plates is good to shoot off or you could put some camo mole skin on it.

3 It will be a low wrist with the grip off.
Old 02-26-2005, 11:14 PM

You might try using a high pressure air nozzle under the grip to get it off,, it worked on my bike grips 40 years ago
Old 02-28-2005, 10:36 AM
Typical Buck

Well now I've done this a few times on my Pro40...

I managed to get the stocker off w/ a little effort. I heated the grip up w/ a hair dryer for quite a while.. then worked a butter knife under the base flat part of the grip where it meets the riser at the bottome of the grip. Slow and gently worked it off.

Then the other day I wanted to remove my Loesch grip which I glued on w/ silicone.. I placed some masking tape on the right (thumb) side to take up the little bit of slack in the grip. I wanted to remove it and place it on the left (finger) side.. which I understand in the correct way.. who knows.. I had less problems w/ the arrows torquing to the left after doing this.

Well when removing the Loesch I wanted to be very careful and not break it.. for obvious reasons. What I did was to place the bow in the bow press... and took a piece of thin serving and held it across the riser at the top the grip.. and I worked it under the grip while pulling the serving to either side of the riser.. pulling down towards the stabilizer.. I worked the serving back and forth in a sawing motiong.. while working my way down the length of the grip. This popped the grip right off... w/ no damage what so ever. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Hope this helps someone.. and saves a few stock grips in the process.