Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Taking the Bull by the Horns... >

Taking the Bull by the Horns...

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Taking the Bull by the Horns...

Old 02-26-2005, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Taking the Bull by the Horns...

These two bulls will be seen live tonight 2/26 on Outdoor Life Network (OLN).

Release Date: For Immediate Release

BowTech Takes Two Bulls by the Horns

Eugene, OR (February 21, 2005) – Adding to its growing association with the Professional Bull Riders, BowTech has entered into a sponsorship agreement with Berger Bucking Bulls to sponsor two bulls on the PBR tour. BowTech’s Toy Tiger and BowTech’s Vertical Force are scheduled to make their BowTech debut this weekend at the PBR Built Ford Tough event in St. Louis.

BowTech’s Toy Tiger is a rising star on the PBR tour, with a current season rating of 22.0 points (out of a possible 25). He has only been ridden three of ten times with an average buckoff time of 4.34 seconds.

BowTech’s Vertical Force is a promising rookie bull on the tour with one out this season at the Worcester, resulting in a ride of 6.10 seconds for PBR favorite, Ross Coleman.

BowTech sees a strategic alignment with Berger Bucking Bulls because fans of the PBR represent a large number of hunting and outdoor enthusiasts. BowTech also sponsors Tony Mendes, currently the #2 rider on the PBR Built Ford Tough Series, Brendon Clark, the Australian who finished in the top 10 in 2004, and five-time world champion bullfighter, Rob Smets. BowTech has also introduced the exclusive PBR Limited Edition bow, of which only 1000 will be produced.

“The Berger Bucking Bull family has gained great respect for their breeding program and has established themselves as the industry leader. Little Yellow Jacket is just one example of the championship quality that the Bergers bring to the field,” stated BowTech’s marketing director, Gene Shands. “The additional exposure of these two ‘athletes’ will continue to bring brand awareness to the PBR fan and we are blessed to have the opportunity.”

“We are real excited to have BowTech as a partner. The bull industry is a tough industry and having sponsors makes it much better. We hope this is the beginning to a long-term relationship” stated Chad Berger of Berger Bucking Bulls.

BowTech, (www.bowtecharchery.com), manufacturer and distributor of the world’s finest compound bows and archery equipment, was founded in 1999 by CEO, John Strasheim, and VP of Research and Development, Kevin Strother. BowTech is the fastest growing bow company in history, increasing in revenue every year since 2000 to become the fourth largest bow company in the world.

© 2005 BowTech
Old 02-26-2005, 08:03 AM

Default RE: Taking the Bull by the Horns...

If there is anything i can't stand is Bull Riding Horse racing and Dog racing and the Circus.
They use these animals to entertain, make money and for gambling .
These animals get no rest and RESPECT are euantinized when they can't perform..
Gray hounds use to be put down when they could not race fast enough for the wagerers.
I have a beutiful Gray I got through the gray hound rescue .He loves the family.you can see it in his eye's, it saddens me to think what he has been thruogh.
I just can't see doing things to these animals just for our betting habit's.Totally WRONG.
Sorry i am sounding like an anti that i'm NOT.
I just have more respect for the animals.
Sorry bowtech but i just don't condone this kind of enetrtainment it's DISRESPECTFUL TO THESE ANIMALS..
MrBill
Old 02-26-2005, 08:10 AM

ORIGINAL: MrBill

If there is anything i can't stand is Bull Riding Horse racing and Dog racing and the Circus.
They use these animals to entertain, make money and for gambling .
These animals get no rest and RESPECT are euantinized when they can't perform..
Gray hounds use to be put down when they could not race fast enough for the wagerers.
I have a beutiful Gray I got through the gray hound rescue .He loves the family.you can see it in his eye's, it saddens me to think what he has been thruogh.
I just can't see doing things to these animals just for our betting habit's.Totally WRONG.
Sorry i am sounding like an anti that i'm NOT.
I just have more respect for the animals.
Sorry botech but i just don't condone this kind of enetrtainment it's DISRESPECTFUL TO THESE ANIMALS..
MrBill

Yeah, I suppose sinking a hook in a fish's mouth is different huh?

Even though I don't shoot a Bowtech I think it's kind of cool and I'll be sure to watch it tonight.
Old 02-26-2005, 08:15 AM

Yeah, I suppose sinking a hook in a fish's mouth is different huh
and then it comes home to the freezer!
Not for entertainment or wagering or sale !
Old 02-26-2005, 08:18 AM

Yeah, I suppose sinking a hook in a fish's mouth is different huh
and then it comes home to the freezer!
Not for entertainment or wagering or sale !

Bulls are beef and I have some in my freezer How bout you?
Old 02-26-2005, 08:20 AM

Yep but i didn't have to ride it to death for money or your entertainment
to put it there.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:18 AM
pah

If you don't like it then don't watch it! Opinions and attitudes like yours is what's led to the ban of various forms of hunting and trapping, I happen to like the FREEDOM of being able to go hunting, fishing, trapping, to the circus, betting on the races or even riding a bull if I desired, how about you? Or would you rather have our government DICTATE what you can and can't do? GO BOWTECH! GO PBR!
Old 02-26-2005, 02:22 PM

Yep but i didn't have to ride it to death for money or your entertainment
to put it there.

Now I see. You think that being raised and slaughtered strictly for food use (shot with hormones and fed a bunch of garbage to get big fast) is o.k.
Old 02-26-2005, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

What about pigs? They are raised where they can barely even turn around, let alone run around and play a little. Do you think that is cruel?
Old 02-26-2005, 05:13 PM

MrBill,

You obviously don't get out of the city much. You might want to spend some time actually at a rodeo and behind the scenes before you talk about something you know nothing about.

Greyhound racing is a whole other story.

Quick Reply: Taking the Bull by the Horns...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.