Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Vtec or Ultratec ? >

Vtec or Ultratec ?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Vtec or Ultratec ?

Old 02-25-2005, 11:39 AM
Fork Horn

Default Vtec or Ultratec ?

I have saved up some mad money for a new bow. Ain't it funny how when the new models come out you can always get mad for no reason. I have shot both of these bows and really like them. It seems to me that the ultratec is a little smoother all around, but I like them both. Maybe it is the little longer limbs on the ultra. I was wondering if anyone owning these bows could give me some feedback to help me make my decision? I will use it mostly for hunting, and some 3d as well. I have been told that despite the catalog claims, the ultratec is a little faster than the vtec. Has anyone experienced this. When I shot the bows, I did not shoot through the chronograph. I currently own a 2004 xtec, and it is a sweet shooter. Also, instead of starting a new thread I will just add on here. I have been shooting carbon express 3d selects for about 3 years now, but hear alot of good claims on the goldtips. Carbons have when through the roof price wise, and I was looking into these arrows. I remember when they first came out their was an abrasion problem with the goldtips, and was wondering if this is still an issue? Tell me what arrows you like and why. I would appreciate your replies on my questions about the bows and arrow choices. Thank you.
Old 02-25-2005, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Vtec or Ultratec ?

ultratec more forgiving but for hunting id get the vtec but me personally have the xtec i got it in sept but next time im gonna get one in the beigngin of the yr
Old 02-25-2005, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

i havent heard of anyone shoting the turbo or sabertec
Old 02-26-2005, 06:33 AM

Sorry, but my answer is not not going to help you, because my answer is a question . . . . Why do you want a different bow? I just bought a used 2004 xtec and it is incredible!!
Old 02-26-2005, 08:24 AM
Fork Horn

I am just looking to purchase another bow, so I can have a back up bow. I would like to go on a hunt this year for the first time in my life and I would feel safer having an extra bow to take along. Besides, when your into archery, do you really need a reason to want another bow.. I agree, the xtec is sweet and a great bow. Thanks.
Old 02-26-2005, 08:30 AM

More than anyone else, I can relate to not having a reason, just thought I would ask.

I am an incurable gear head. If it weren't for modern gear I'm not sure I would be such an avid outdoorsman.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:46 AM

Didn't I see you asking this same question on another forum? I guess you didn't get the answer you wanted.
I currently own a 2004 xtec, and it is a sweet shooter.
If you analyze the design of the Xtec and Vtec, I think you'll find your answer.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:50 AM
Fork Horn

I think archery companies should not be allowed to build new model bows for at least two years, that way all us archery junkies could save some coin every year. Sometime's, I think it is in our minds that having the latest and greatest will somehow give us an edge, but what the heck, I am willing to take that chance. In the years I have been visiting this site, you all have helped me make decisions and pointed me in the right direction, so it's not always the equipment your shooting, but the advice you get from friends and fellow archers that give you the ultimate edge. Give me your input on these two bows, and the arrows, as i value it all. Thanks and good luck.
Old 02-26-2005, 11:09 AM

The "equipment" you're shooting, the XTec, is basically the same bow as the VTec. Same limbs, cams, and geometry; just a very slight 'bump/V' in the riser design.

If you're looking to replace the exact same "sweet shooter" that you already have, go with the Vtec. If you're looking for something just a little different, go with the UltraTec. Both are fine bows with 'state of the art' design.

If speed is your issue, shoot them both side by side with the same criteria. This is what we always try to do with our customers to assure them that they make the 'right' decision for their needs.

Good luck.
Old 02-26-2005, 02:51 PM
Fork Horn

Len, your right, I did post this on another site, and didn't get much feedback. That is one of the issues I was thinking of, if I got the vtrec, it would be like getting another xtec, with just a diferent riser. The ultratec has the longer limbs and it would feel like I was trying something different. Maybe not a significant difference, but some just the same.I have learned to value your opinions as you have been a good source of information to me as well as others. Your replies are always one that I really pay close attention to. In your experience, have you noticed the ultratec getting higher speeds than the vtec? Are their any issues with either of these bows that you know about? Thanks for all your replies.

Quick Reply: Vtec or Ultratec ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.