Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Anyone going back to aluminum? >

Anyone going back to aluminum?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Anyone going back to aluminum?

Old 02-25-2005, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone going back to aluminum?

Just what is it with the Carbon Express Arrows?
People are just spooked after seeing that photo( I know I was). I doubt that the brand had anything to do with it. Was this arrow damaged before it blew up? Was it insanely underspined? Was this guy shooting somebody elses arrows? Lots of unanswered questions. After reading alot of discussions about it here and other sites from people with way more experience than me I will be sticking to carbon.
Old 02-25-2005, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Love my Eastons been shooting them since the early 60,s[8D]
Old 02-26-2005, 02:51 PM
Dominant Buck

I didn't see the post .W hat happened, I just spent 102.00 on 12 carbon arrows. One thing for sure, they sure to shoot longer and straighter.
Chuck
Old 02-27-2005, 12:08 AM

Those pictures sure spooked me! Reminded me to inspect my arrows often. Think that couldn't happen with aluminum? I don't think it would be any less painful having aluminum shaft through my hand.

Carbons for me!
Old 02-27-2005, 11:27 PM

I like shooting heavier arrows for hunting and the Easton aluminums have been great for me for about 33 years. I own several sizes and brands of carbon and shoot them often, but I seem to get better accuracy with aluminums when I put on the Muzzys. They just seem to be more consistent year after year If I bend one while shooting a deer,, they are about half of what the carbons are anyway and I've got several carbons now that have nock end splits that I can't use. The nock end cracks have been my biggest problem with carbons.
Old 02-28-2005, 04:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ram96

I shoot both. Big fat ones when I am shooting indoors for score, and carbon for 3d and hunting.
ya I use the 2514 for shooting spots

everything else carbons
Old 02-28-2005, 10:22 AM

i really like the lightweight carbons.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:41 PM

I would never consider going back to aluminum. The only problem I have had with my carbons are snapping them off when I hit an animal. Carbons are either straight or broken there is no in between. I shoot the carbon 3D express and they are within .001, how much straighter can you get. I think where most guys run into trouble is shoot at a single spot target. You can ruin aluminum and carbons when they smack together. The aluminum will end up denting and the carbon will fracture. Alan
Old 02-28-2005, 07:47 PM

Well, i skewered myself with a carbon arrow. Cabelas Carbon Hunter. i think i must have damaged the shaft somehow and it shattered on release. either way, i still get hand pain and it hurts in my hand when i draw a bow every now and then. However, i'll still with my $120/dozen CX-200's because i know its not going to happen again. the odds are astronomical im sure. like lightning striking twice. carbon is so much better than alum. anyways.

slayer