Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Peep, kisser or both? >

Peep, kisser or both?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Peep, kisser or both?

Old 02-26-2005, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Peep, kisser or both?

the place a kisser really helps me is in the stand. when hunting in a ladder stand i sometimes have it set up where i can sit and shoot based on my shooting lanes. when the deer come in and your nerves are going and heart pounding sometimes your shooting form goes out the window and the kisser brings me back to reality. even when standing and having to shoot at weird angles through the foliage or at game behind a stand the kisser helps. i prefer the bigger hunting style peeps because its hard to feel it through a head net or a mask in winter bow season. just an extra tool to get the job done. i dont care about 2 fps.
Old 02-26-2005, 10:49 AM
Fork Horn

Peep sight points of reference or 'anchors'.
1. String touches tip of nose.
2. Hand against the side of your jaw.
3.Eye looking through peep.
4. Sight aperture centered in peep.

Kisser button points of reference or 'anchors'.
1. String touches tip of nose.
2. Hand against the side of your jaw.
3. Kisser in corner of mouth.

More points of reference with the peep so I would go with it or both of them. I use a peep only. Its like others have said in earlier responses, if you anchor your draw hand consistently you don't need the kisser. On the other hand if you hunt only and aren't in to 3-D and you don't take long shots the kisser by itself would probably be adequate. Maybe try it both ways and go with what works best for you. Good luck.
Old 03-14-2005, 01:19 PM

I dont miss the 2 fps, the only time i was aware of it was when i shot through a chrono.
Old 03-14-2005, 04:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Solid anchor= solid back wall. No need for a kisser if you have a solid back wall. If you have a solid back wall no matter what your position, shooting out 30 yrds. or straight down you just need to be sure you are pegged back on the wall and shoot. If you can pull your bow back and see considerable flex at full draw you do not have a solid back wall and you need a kisser or be darn good.