Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 HindSight II users >

HindSight II users

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

HindSight II users

Old 02-14-2005, 06:43 AM
Fork Horn

Default HindSight II users

Just bought a new Hoyt Vipertec, equiped with a Dusk Devil II, NAP 4000 drop away, and the HindSight II. This past Saturday was the first day that I've been able to go out and get it sighted in. First shot sounded as if I was banging an aluminum folding chair with a stick....second, third, etc...all the same. After thinking about it for a while, I am pretty sure it's the HindSight that is causing all the noise, but not for sure. I'm going to strip the bow down and shoot it bare, to make sure it's not the bow (man I hope it's not the bow!).

But I was wondering if anyone else who uses the HindSight II had initial problems of it making a lot of noise. I love the concept of the HindSight, but won't be able to use it if it makes the "dinner bell" noise on every shot.

Thanks for any input.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:37 AM

Default RE: HindSight II users

never used one, but i doubt its making that much noise. sounds like the back of your arrow is slamming into something - either the hindsight or the shelf. with the rest in the up position and the bow relaxed is your arrow pointing down or up or is it level in relation to your stabilizer? if you paper tune and get a nock high tear it could be because the nock end is hitting the shelf or rest. somewhere to start anyway.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great choice of accesories , I doubt its the hindsight allso , but maybe if its not tight . Your rest maybe makeing the noise . You can bang the side of your risor with your hand and find the culprit sometimes , or take one thing off at a time to see whats doing it . I'd check your cam modual screws allso .
Old 02-14-2005, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Try putting a small peice of string leech where the drop away rest comes in contact with the riser shelf.
Old 02-14-2005, 12:22 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the advice...I'll be certain to report any findings.
Old 02-15-2005, 06:15 AM
Fork Horn

Last night after work I stripped my bow down, except for the rest. Took a shot and was noise free. I believe I have it figured out now, but do appreciate you guys chiming in w/ advice. Just needed to silence the equipment a bit where they make contact w/ each other. Just glad it wasn't my new Hoyt.