Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Finally really shot my OG >

Finally really shot my OG

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Finally really shot my OG

Old 02-12-2005, 07:10 PM

Default Finally really shot my OG

Well, the shop tried a different rest, a Bowdoodle Game Dropper, and this one we got tuned. I may keep this one on, instead of the Trophy Taker with the long windage bar. Let me tell you why. I just today put the site on. Took less than 10 shots to dial it in, a CJ Pro III. I started shooting an NFAA 5 spot. I was clean until rounds 11 and 12. I got one 4 in the 11th end and 2 in the 12th. Not bad considering I have never shot a 5 spot 300 round. I probably averaged 3 X's for every end as well. I LOVE THIS BOW!!! It just wants to hold steady. I have my old version 7" doinker hunter on it. A bit longer stabilizer will give an even better feel. The absolute silence of this bow is nothing short of astounding. I am shooting pretty heavy arrows, 30" 2413's with 110 gr glue in's, but man, what a fun bow to shoot.

JMAC
Old 02-13-2005, 12:58 AM

Default RE: Finally really shot my OG

What draw weight and length are you shooting?? I haven't seen an Old Glory yet and I'm afraid to with all the reports coming in from new owners[8D]
Old 02-13-2005, 04:06 AM

I ordered a 60# at 29.5". BC says 60.4#'s, 29.5" draw, 300 grain arrow, 305 fps. I have a few toys to get on it yet, but I can't believe how sweet this bow shoots. Oh, and I forgot to mention, this "factory" string is awesome. My dealer put the peep in when it came out of the box, no shots yet, except the BC shot, and it still has not rotated. I easily have over 100 shots so far, and nothing. I still can't get over how quiet this bow is.
JMAC
Old 02-13-2005, 09:55 AM

OH Man!! My Allegiance is a little short with the 29 inch cams,,, I'd love to draw your bow back to see how it would fit ME!!! The riser on your bow looks like the same riser that was on last year's Pro 40 Freedom that I test shot back then,,, I really liked that riser!!
Old 02-13-2005, 11:01 AM

Next time you are in Portland OR, just look me up... Actually, I have been just putting out feelers for a job in the Midwest (gotta get back to my roots) and one in Nebraska came up. Ended up not the right match, but you never know what will happen.

JMAC
Old 02-13-2005, 11:51 AM

We'd love to have you, they don't call it "The Good Life" for nothin'
Deer and turkey numbers are rising fast heere and we could use some help a thinnin' em out
Good luck with your job search!!
Old 02-13-2005, 01:32 PM

Oh believe me, I would do my best to help with the numbers "problem". Not looking hard, but we are browsing, so to speak. There are some days when the Left coast really gets to me. When I get back to the Midwest, I will be sure and look a bunch of folks I have met online up.

JMAC