Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

shot my first pig finally

Old 01-21-2008, 03:07 PM

Default shot my first pig finally

man was i pumped ....it was the thanksgiving break and iwas supposed to be hunting for deer but in texas you hunt for deer and youll get hogs....i was sitting on my 16 foot metal stand in between two cedar trees...waiting...waiting....then wrehhhhh!!!..there went a couple of hogs then some more i recognized them rite away from my stealth cam piks....it was 5:50 about 25 minutes before complete darkness..they never offered me a shot ran around my shooting range at around 40 yds then getting a wiff of me they took off.....thinking that was my last chance i went back to playin my psp....clung!clung! what was that?clung! it was in front of me about 50 yds away at a yellow feeder....i cuffed my ears and could here the chomping of corn and the sounds of hogs...i listened for another 15 minutes or so....darkness was closing in but luckily the moon was rising......i started thinkin ....my pins arent bright enough...i grabbed a3 led flashlight and hooked it up to the top of my camera that was sitting on a tripod...putting it in position i could here them coming ....the moon was out now not full but close...as i picked up my bow i could see to nice hogs about 150lbs...i moved the light facing towards the pigs....i was up for a real akward shot...i was goin to have to lean in to the light and keep my form....as soon as i was gonna hit the light on...i heard more to my left i glanced and saw nothing but black spots moving frantically to my feeder about 15 yds away....i shined the light and therethey were all little about 12-16 ten pounders...i knew the smaller they are the better they taste.i turned off the light took a big breath knowing what i had to do....i turned the light on as they fed more slowly as if they were in line one behind another...drawing back i couldnt believe what i saw through my sight..lots of little pigs i leaned forward to see my pins shining from the flashlight...i put my green pin on one pig then another and another finally one stayed still quartering towards me but he was still, i aimed for his head neck area and let the arrow fly...clack!! as my arrow hit him and continued into the rocks and grass....then several loud squels and calling all around me....i waited for them to take off and then called my grandpa and told him i nailed a little one....he came and we went looking for him, within 10 yds there wasnt a speck of blood..i then tried lookin for my arrow, about 5 yds away there was my arrow imbeded in the ground full of blood...i looked on a trail and therethe blood trailstarted through clearings then brush then more brush..it went on for about 60 yds then finally we found him layin under a cedar with two good holes in his head.....finally i got a real target.....i drug him back to camp anxious to show the guys......he might not have been big but he was a sure trophy....
Old 01-21-2008, 03:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: shot my first pig finally

Congrats, I know how you feel! I took my first hog this year as well and after the first hog, I was hooked. I want to hunt hogs all the time!
Congrats and keep stickin them!

Jake
Old 01-22-2008, 03:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

woohooooooooooo [8D]
Old 01-22-2008, 06:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Pics man! Where are the pics! Congrats!
Old 01-22-2008, 05:36 PM

yeah i wanna see some pics too
Old 01-22-2008, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Makes me want to go hunting! Good story,makes a person think back to alot of anticipation and feelings during any hunt! When your all alone you come up with a big checklist you have to remember!
Old 02-02-2008, 03:16 PM

heres some not the best piks but to show you that im not lying...

Old 02-02-2008, 03:18 PM

another

Old 02-02-2008, 03:21 PM

i shot him to the right of the feeder