Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Finally shot my Reflex

Old 02-27-2005, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Finally shot my Reflex

Finally got to shoot my Reflex Grizzly today After some playing around and some expert help ( thanks Nubo) got her sighted in. Its been over 15 years since I had shot a bow so I have a long way to go but spring is coming and I have no doubt I will have it dialed in for my September bear hunt. Already totaled an arrow so I am thinking of sticking with cheaper shafts for my next dozen (GT expeditions) as this might get expensive. I liked the bow but I can see me buying Nubo's patriot off him as he has his eye on a new Bowtech already Again John, thanks for all the help.
Old 02-27-2005, 03:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Finally shot my Reflex

That's not a problem Terry ,I was glad to help out, but next time I won't party the night before ,since my head wasn't into the job and was working in slow motion LOL. Terry be sure to inform everyone who buy's a package to double check everything to be sure everything is tightened down properly. Terry's cable guide fell off while he was shooting and luckily there was no damage done ,but we had to fiddle to get it back to where it was supposed to be and lose the vibration that it caused . Did you tell these guy's that you Robin hooded an arrow LOL
Terry ! shooting like that for a guy who hasn't shot in 15yrs or so could get pretty expensive on arrow's . I think i might just open up a shop .LOL

And yes Terry I really liked that Allegiance ,but that's why i had to leave when I did ,because I just might have ended up buying it and then the sh-t would have hit the fan when I got home LOL.
I think I'm most likely going to have to wait till next season for that new bow ,but I'm not tired of my Dually yet anyway's .
What did you think of shooting my Dually ? I did notice your eye's light up like a Xmas tree .

nubo
Old 02-27-2005, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

What did you think of shooting my Dually ? I did notice your eye's light up like a Xmas tree .
Other than the fact that it cut my group size in half on my first try and is actually a touch long for me, yeah I'll buy it off you if it can be shortened down to 27"DL.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Did you tell these guy's that you Robin hooded an arrow LOL
Didn't know that was a big deal around here!

Old 02-27-2005, 08:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think for the robin hood you should be buying the beer .LOL Well i guess we really can't call it a robin hood but you certainly couldn't get any closer than that .

nubo
Old 02-28-2005, 08:57 AM

whats a robin hood (when u hit another arrow?)
Old 02-28-2005, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

whats a robin hood (when u hit another arrow?)
I drove one arrow right inside another, it split like a flower
Old 03-01-2005, 09:27 AM

Hey TerryM could you tell me what you like and dont like about the Grizzly because Im thinking about snatching one myself at some point. Thanks!!
Old 03-01-2005, 11:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

There's definetly nothing wrong with the Reflex Grizzley,I helped Terry get it setup and the only complaint was that buying a package deal, you have to make absolutely sure evrything has been tighened down correctly ,I handled Terry's bow and it drew very smoothly and and was somewhat surprising to me that it drew that nicely.He didn't seem to have any issue's with it once we got it setup .My opinion is the Grizz is a great bow for it's money, and if your new to the sport it's the way to go ,or if you don't have a whole lot of money to spend but you want to bowhunt, this bow would definetly siut your need's .

nubo
Old 03-01-2005, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey TerryM could you tell me what you like and dont like about the Grizzly because Im thinking about snatching one myself at some point. Thanks!!
I am quite pleased with my Grizzly and do recommend it. The only thing I would say is I would not buy a package deal again. Start with the bare bow and select the rest and site that you prefer. I ended up buying a wisker bisquit and a impact archery cosmic sight. Not the end of the world as I can always put them back on when I trade up the bow but I also got a great deal at Basspro on my package. As for how the bow shoots, very smooth draw and very little vibration ( It does have a Stealth 6" and string leeches) she is set at 65lbs and is quite easy to draw. Good value for the money. Do not regret my purchase at all.

Quick Reply: Finally shot my Reflex

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.