Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 For BowTechies?? >

For BowTechies??

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

For BowTechies??

Old 02-11-2005, 06:33 PM

Default For BowTechies??

We have use a sight with so much windage that not all sights will work on the new Equalizer. I have an Allegiance and a HHA Optimizer 5500 which I love but I can't mount my No peep in the normal spot I've got to mount it on the opposite side of the riser to get the Optimizer reaonably mounted.

What if you took a lefthanded upper or lower cam and mount it opposite the standard cam to move the string over a little to help. I know this would also move the "cable" string over and it might interfere w/fletching but it might be worth trying??

Just an idea.
Insatiable
Old 02-11-2005, 07:28 PM

Default RE: For BowTechies??

I don't know, I would get a new sight. My Hogg-It I had to move the spacer over to the left to move the sight window over but now it is fine. I think swapping cams away from spec might be overkill to solve a sight problem.
Old 02-11-2005, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: For BowTechies??

It would most likely move the string in way too close to the riser. And I don't think it'd work as the cable rod would be on the wrong side. Left hand cams are merely right hand cams swapped top and bottom.