Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Allright Bowtechies >

Allright Bowtechies

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Allright Bowtechies

Old 10-19-2007, 08:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Allright Bowtechies

I looked at this Diamond Marquis and I just don't get it.

It's a Drenalin with a wider limb, and over 1/2 pound heavier.

What makes this bow better than the Drenalin? (Besides the obvious: PRICE)

Seems to me that Diamond is trying to tap the Matthewsmarket by offering essentially the same bow, but at a lower price? Am I right?

Speed, size, BH, look - everything is essentially the same.

The Diamond is a heavy sucker at 4.4 pounds (conveniently hidden by their "2 Kilogram" advertised weight) - I guess they're hoping that most hillbillies won't know that 1 kg = 2.2 pounds.

Drenalin is only 3.85 pounds.

So, what I'm saying here, is that I don't understand the fanfare with the Marquis. It looks to me like any other one-cam bow, heavier than average, and maybe shoots ashade hotter than average.

What separates this bow from all other one-cam offerings? Am I missing something?
Old 10-19-2007, 08:21 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Allright Bowtechies

Related question when I read this.....

What do you give up when you go light? What do you gain when you add weight to a bow?
Old 10-19-2007, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fran, I would say your comparisons are pretty spot on. When you think about it, it doesn't seem to be a whole lot different from the drenaline. I do like the addition of the new string supressor attached to the roller guide. Besides.... is it a bad idea to "tap" into the mathews market. I highly doubt it. I honestly think the diamond looks better than the mathews. It's just more appealing to the eye, if you ask me. I believe bowtech is doing some smart things with the diamond line. There is still a large market out there for the single cam bows, and who's market would be better to tap into than Mathews???
Old 10-19-2007, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Better throw Ross into the argument then if we are comparing similar bows.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think that is certainly their strategy and a great one it is...

The bow is a little heavier, but it has several advantages over the mathews at a lower price. I think theirgoing somewhere with this
Old 10-19-2007, 08:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

I haven't seen it other than on here. But basically you are saying it's on par with a Drenalin..faster and cheaper.

The big knock on The drenalin last year, even from mathews Guys was the Slim limbs..So a thicker limb slightly more weight.

Heck Quick, You should write the ads for this bow. Just based on that comparison..it's worth the look!
Old 10-19-2007, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: YooperMike

6 months to a year ago I really thought Ross was gonna step up and be a player. However, the more I think about it now. I don't think they will ever make the "big 3" the "big 4". I know a few shops here in IL that couldn't even get them in due to some kind of manufacturing mumbo jumbo. Hell, by the time they got the cardiac into the pro shops most people that were interested got tired of waiting on them and bought something else (myself included). I think Ross really hurt theirselves this year.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:33 AM

I think the problem with Ross is that they grew too big too fast. I forget who it was, but whomever was machining their risers was having a difficult time keeping up, so they approaced G5 to machine the risers for the Cardiac. The other company basically said hey, if we can't have the cardiac too, we aren't going to do any of them. So, G5 got buried.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: YooperMike

Hey leave us out of it
We are way to slow

yes Ross went throw some growing pains, don't worry ROSS will be a player. They still sold a pile of bows.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

The "2 Kilogram" thing kills me... It totally jumped right off the page at me.

Maybe everybody will start masking their shortcomings. I.E. "The New Drenalin LD may be the fastest bow on the planet, shooting at a BLAZING 800 centimeters per second!!"

Seems like bowtech is really pushing this bow pretty hard, despite it being vastly inferior (in basicallyall respects) to the new Airborne line. They're definitely taking a direct shot at Matthews' market share.

I really don't think there's anything that sets it apart from everybody else's one-cammers. I'm sure it shoots fine, and it looks nice, but so does the new Ross, the new Bear, etc....

Quick Reply: Allright Bowtechies

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.