Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Shot the Allegiance last night..... >

Shot the Allegiance last night.....

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Shot the Allegiance last night.....

Old 02-01-2005, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Shot the Allegiance last night.....

Well I drove down to the shop last night and shot the Allegiance. I was realy impressed with the bow. I know bow preference is an extremely subjective thing but I just don't see what's not to like. To me it's just a really enjoyable bow to shoot. I like the draw cycle. The more I shoot it the more I like it. It had 0 vibration and 0 recoil. The Old Glory had 0 recoil and just a bit of vibration but this Allegiance didn't need anything, it was just dead. I was shooting a 29" @ 70lbs w/ a 378 gr. arrow BC said 311, I got 303 which should be just about right. I was really impressed with how quiet the bow is as well. The shops "range" is an up stairs area that's about 15 ft wide and 80 ft long and it has a metal wall on one side and there is nothing quiet up there becasue you have so much sound bouncing around. However, the Allegiance was pretty darn quiet and at least to me ears it appeared to be as quiet as anything that I have ever shot.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:45 AM

Default RE: Shot the Allegiance last night.....

Are you on the take again Silent?

[8D]
Old 02-01-2005, 07:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just passing on the info on his next bow DC.LOL

nubo
Old 02-01-2005, 08:28 AM

SA I have come to about all the same conclusions word for word
Old 02-01-2005, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are you on the take again Silent?
lol....I hate being one to follow the crowd (of course in my area I am not) but I just don't understand how someone could shoot that bow and not think it's a quality piece of equipment. I know we are all different and we all have our likes and dislikes but I can't help but think their is something wrong with someone that could shoot either of the two of those bows and not agree that they are a quality piece of equipment. I am not buying one because I would rather spend the money on a hunting trip but it really is an enjoyeable bow to shoot. My shoulders have gotten better in the last couple of years after stepping back down to 70 lbs but I still have some trouble on days that I shoot a lot. But I think I could shoot the Allegiance or the Old Glory all day. I just really like the draw cycle. DC, go shoot one about 50 shots and if you don't agree and I will buy you a stick of your favorite deodorant
Old 02-01-2005, 07:17 PM

I have shot mathews for years and loved them !! I have bought a few hoyts and bowtech over the last couple of years, But I think my Allegiance has turn my Lx into a back up bow and had me sell my switchback !!!