Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Going to the shop............ >

Going to the shop............

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Going to the shop............

Old 12-14-2004, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Going to the shop............

Well the guy at my local shop called me last Friday and he had just gotten an Old Glory in. I haven't had time to go by and put it through the paces yet but I am going this afternoon. The shop is about 20 miles from where I live but I have a meeting close by there tonight so I am going down early to give myself time to put the Old Glory through it's paces. Unfortunately, he doesn't have an Allegiance yet so I can't go play with both of them. But it should make for an enjoyable way to spend an hour this afternoon
Old 12-14-2004, 12:34 PM

Default RE: Going to the shop............

From initial reports, you should probably leave your wallet at home. Or at least any and all methods of payment, as you still need your driver's liscence.

JMAC
Old 12-14-2004, 12:41 PM

I'll be interested to see what you think.............as I have always figured you to be a straight shooter !!

I heard a pretty negative report on the new cam system today........and have heard some praising too ! It'll be interesting to see what you think compared to the Patriot !
Old 12-14-2004, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I will sure give you guys my inititial impressions tomorrow morning. As far as the leaving methods of payment home, that would normally be an issue but considering the fact that I have spent $2,500 on a new transmission that I wasn't expecting and then another $650 on a set of tires on top of all the christmas expenses, you couldn't pry my check book or credit card out of my hand with the jaws of life
Old 12-14-2004, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Give it hell, then tell us about it...

CBM, curious what the negative report on the E-cam(s) was all about?
Old 12-14-2004, 01:27 PM

Range-

The only negative feedback I've seen on the E-cams came from AT, some guy from "Sparta, WI", said the draw was harsh and abunch of other crap.

There was one guy that said it was harsh but the cams weren't tweaked right (50% let-off vs 65%) but once they were fine, I think he said he was going to buy one.
Old 12-14-2004, 01:32 PM

Range........no use spreading rumors.........so it'll be interesting to see what SA thinks !! The guy I heard it from may be ligit or not........I don't know ...........you know how this internet stuff goes !
Old 12-14-2004, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw the "report" on AT, figured it was a fluke