Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Question for Jrsybowhunter and other trap door users >

Question for Jrsybowhunter and other trap door users

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Question for Jrsybowhunter and other trap door users

Old 11-17-2004, 01:34 AM

Default Question for Jrsybowhunter and other trap door users

I have just had the trap door installed at the pro shop on my razortec and love it.
The qustion that I have is does the launcher arms on your rest hit the riser shelf or do you have the arms hitting some mole skin or some other cushioning material.
The reason that I am asking this is that on the drop of the rest my one is stoping with the internal stop in the rest about 3mm above the shelf and I am concerned that this will cause damage to the rest
What are your thoughts
Thanks for your help Jason
Old 11-17-2004, 04:43 AM

Default RE: Question for Jrsybowhunter and other trap door users

Hi Jase, i actually have 2 pieces of mole skin that the launcher arms hit when it falls, i just put an extra piece on top of the one i already had on the riser, my launcher arm rest on the shelf when the rest isnt cocked, but i dont think you should have any problems with the way yours is set up.
Old 11-18-2004, 03:51 AM

Thanks Jrsybowhunter
I know that every dropaway rest set-up is different.
When I had the infinity dropaway on the razortec the arrow when the rest was in the up-right position was set in the centre of the burger hole and approx 3/4 inch from the side of the riser to the centre of the arrow.
Now with the trapdoor the pro-shop guy has set the arrow in the up-right position as it came from the factory so as a result the arrow is higher than the centre of the burger hole.
When he put the rest on he bolted it to the riser,cocked the rest and set the nock point and d loop to that height.He did not bother adjusting the launcher arm in the cocked position so that the arrow is in the centre of the burger hole.I am not sure if i like it because it reduces the clearance distance between the rest and the sight
Is your trapdoor on your hoyt set with the arrow in the centre of the burger hole in the up-right position ?and approx 3/4 from the riser to arrow centre ?I am going to the range tomorrow to try it
what are your thoughts
thanks for helping Jason
Old 11-19-2004, 04:00 AM

Hi again jase, when i put the trap door on my ultramag i set it so the arrow sits right across the burger button hole and i measures 3/4 from the riser to the center of the arrow and i had to make no adjustments, except for adjusting my sight a little bit, and i'am shooting 3inch groups out to 45 yards, if your not happy with the way the guy set it up for you just mount the rest straight, adjust the launcher arms for windage and elevation and reset your nock point, its very easy, and i'am sure you can do it yourself in no time, or if you like i can alway help you over the phone if you like.
Old 11-20-2004, 06:48 PM

thanks for the phone help offer I live in Australia and would of liked to talk to you if I lived in the USA .Everybody opinion and experince is valuable to me at anytime
The centre shot is spot on the only thing that needs adjusting is the elevation and the nock height.
On the elevation did you:
1. nock a arrow,2. cock the rest 3.then loosen the two hex head screws on the launcher and once the launcher is loose move the launcher down so the arrow is in line with the centre of the burger hole when the rest is still in the cock position ?
On the nock height :
1.Did you use the bow square of the top of the launcher tips or at the bottom of " V" on the launcher?
2.Once the bow square is on the launcher at the right height and it is conected on the string did you put the bottom of the brass nock level where the bow square reads 1/8 on the string?
Sorry for all the question,but I have not worked on my bow before, but am eager to learn
Thanks again for your time and help
Jason
Old 11-20-2004, 08:49 PM

Hi again jase. yes with the rest cocked adjust it so the arrow rides right over the mounting hole, as far as adjusting the nock goes i just do it by eye and then shoot through paper and adjust my nock accordingly to get a good hole through the paper, i do like to have a slight high tare through the paper and i can hold 3inch groups out to 45 yards with it set that way.