Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Trap Door Users, Fletch Placement? >

Trap Door Users, Fletch Placement?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Trap Door Users, Fletch Placement?

Old 06-06-2003, 08:55 PM

Default Trap Door Users, Fletch Placement?

I picked up a Trap Door rest with my new Ultratec last week and so far so good with everything. My question is how is everyone shooting the fletch on there rest? Cock feather up, down, to the side? I' ve been mainly shooting with it up because to me that should guarantee the least amount of fletch contact whether the rest drops or not. How is everyone else shooting there fletch?
Old 06-06-2003, 09:32 PM

Default RE: Trap Door Users, Fletch Placement?

Been shooting cock feather down with out any problems. I did try up once and it didn' t have any vane interference either. Shooting down works fine and keeps me in the pattern that I' m used to shooting. One question, did you get this years model and is it quiet?
Old 06-07-2003, 05:20 AM
CR

I have the older model and have shot it with the cock feather facing in all different directions just to see how it would do and did not had any problem no matter which way it faced.
Old 06-08-2003, 12:25 PM

Jacko, I' m assuming you' re wondering if it is quiet on the draw. I think its pretty quiet, maybe a touch louder than the QT 3000 on my other bow, but I don' t think its loud enough to be a concern. I' ve heard the delrin launcher " breaks in" or wears in and gets queiter.
Old 06-08-2003, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot cock feather/vane up on mine, but if the sensitivity is not right and you put it in cock vane down (like on accident) it will throw an arrow high-left.

Key thing is to get the sensitivity correct.
Old 06-09-2003, 05:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

I was shooting cock-feather up as well when I used the rest. I did not have any clearance problems with cock feather down but switched just for peace of mind. Jeff is right on about the sensitivity issue.
Old 06-09-2003, 07:37 AM

I have the new model on my Protec and I cannot tell a difference in the sound. The new model is a lot better at holding the shaft. I also found that the Dakota arrow holder works great on this rest. I used the original model during last season. I shoot my arrows with cock feather up. I did experiment with the cock feather down and encountered no clearence problems but I prefer the cock feather up. Good luck with the new bow.