Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 2005 Bowtech Rascal >

2005 Bowtech Rascal

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

2005 Bowtech Rascal

Old 11-16-2004, 10:37 AM

Default 2005 Bowtech Rascal

After evaluating all the current youth bows on the market, I am proud to say my 8 year old son will be shooting a 2005 Bowtech Rascal very soon. I think this is the best youth bow on the market now. Bowtech made some changes to the bow for 2005 and this bow will be fantastic. They have a new Rascal cam that will have a draw stop like Bowtechs other singles so the let off can be adjusted instead of using a module like before. They also gave the Rascal bow a little more axle length at 25 1/4" and a taller brace height which is now 7 3/4". The thing I like most about this bow is Bowtech is offering a retrofit package for $99.00 and it includes new limbs, draw module, string/cable, retested and shipped back freight free. So as your child grows he can move up in draw length and draw weight. I will be posting pictures when it arrives.

I might be joining my son with a new Bowtech Allegiance or Old Glory once I get a chance to shoot them both. As the old saying goes like father like son. Or is it the difference between men and boys is the cost of the toys.

Bowtech Dad
Old 11-18-2004, 07:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 2005 Bowtech Rascal

Bowtechdad!

3 season's ago I bought my daughter a new rascal and it was a good move ,it's an excellent bow for the kid's .My son has now taken possession of the rascal and I went and bought the 04 Patriot Dually .BowTech has a great lineup of bow's for young and old .I might just have to trade the older rascal in for a new one ,I'll be looking forward to seeing your son's new rascal so keep me posted .

nubo
Old 11-19-2004, 09:56 AM

Nubo as soon as we have it I will post some pictures. I think I am just as excited as he is. I just wish I had equipment this good when I was a kid.

As you can tell you were able to pass your daughter's Rascal down to your son. That shows the quality that is in these bows. I bet you could sell your Rascal for almost what you paid for it and get the 2005 version. It's amazing how these BowTechs hold their value and hold up. Your Rascal is 4 years old and still shooting strong.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Rascal is an excellent choice ,I'm gonna sell his bow and get him the new version .You've gotten me all excited now about the new Rascal.I'll be looking forward to seeing some pic's as soon as you recieve it .
I'm glad I went to BowTech for my kid's ,they're such great quality and I sent them an e-mail about how happy we were with it and that I was going to buy a BowTech for myself and they sent me 2 hat's for the kid's.

I bought the 04 Patriot Dually and does this bow ever smoke ,there's nothing in comparison as far as I'm concerned and I'll be a |BowTech loyal from here on in .Every year they come up with another great product ,if I could I'd buy a new bow every year ,but i don't think the wife would go along with that LOL

nubo
Old 11-21-2004, 04:11 PM

Bowtech Dad your son will love it! My 11 year old son has a rascal that he shoots 3D with and hunts and honestly your couldn't pry it out of his hands. They are built for the kids in mind and still maintaining darn good speed and shootablilty. I would like to see the pics when you get them.
Good Shooting. FOURRUNNER
Old 11-23-2004, 02:27 PM
Fork Horn

What is the retail price for the rascal I am going to buy my son a bow just haven't decided on which one yet.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:14 PM

I think it is $289.00, but I could be off a little bit. It is well worth it, as you can always upgrade it and sell it on Ebay for almost what you paid for it.