Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bowtech - Pro40 or Extreme VFT + Accuracy Question >

Bowtech - Pro40 or Extreme VFT + Accuracy Question

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech - Pro40 or Extreme VFT + Accuracy Question

Old 11-21-2004, 02:23 PM

Default Bowtech - Pro40 or Extreme VFT + Accuracy Question

Hi Guys,

Im interested in ither one of those. I had an old BEAR Hunter compioiund bow from the early 80's - Ill be quite frank - either it wasnt tuned right - or something - but it shot awful. Im talking 15" groups at 50'-60'. Yes I used a peep sight - oh and hell I was patient.

At anyrate, I want to give this another try. A lot of new neat bows out there too, I draw 30" looking for no more than 50lbs in either of the two models mentioned. Any opinions?

Oh and hey, just how tight a group can the averege bloke manage with these bows at 50 yards? And by contrast, how about the consumate marksman bowhunter?

Thaks folks!

Pete Pala
Old 11-21-2004, 05:26 PM

Default RE: Bowtech - Pro40 or Extreme VFT + Accuracy Question

You can't go wrong with the Pro 40 Freedom as far as accuracy IMO!!! You'll be shooting with less speed than the Extreme VFT but the ease of accuracy with the Pro 40 will be very apparent, especially with your 30 inch draw. I'd go for a 60 pound max bow in the Pro 40 Freedom if I were you. The Freedom cam pulls VERY easy!!!!!
Old 11-23-2004, 05:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

WWAG's comments are right in line with my thoughts on the Pro 40 as well. That bow shoots more accurately for me than any other I have ever shot or owned. I would not trade it for the world. It has some very forgiving characteristics. However, it is going to be alot slower and produce less KE than the EX VFT. I would still go with the Pro 40 though if pressed to choose between the two.
Old 11-23-2004, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I tryed to get a pro 40 before season and was told they are discotinued . Looks like an allegiance will be on its way to me . I think the vft is discontinued allso . Wait a couple weeks and bowtech will have their new models on their website , or you can check them out at this link .

http://216.7.172.165/vb/showthread.p...hreadid=123090
Old 11-24-2004, 10:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

I think that either the Independence or Old Glory would be equivalent to the Pro 40 in terms of overall specs. If I did not already have a Pro 40 Freedom then I would be looking hard at that Independence.