Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Reflex Bows

Old 10-13-2004, 10:07 AM

Default Reflex Bows

I'm in the market for a new bow and have been to three area pro shops. All are pushing the new Reflex Bows. Are they a deal for the price or are the pro shops making more money off of them. I currently shoot an older Hoyt and am trying to stick in the $300.00- $400.00 price range.
Old 10-13-2004, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Reflex Bows

I've never shot one, but on the surface they do seem to offer a lot of bang for the buck.

The buckskin looks like a really nice bow, I've held one, but didn't get the chance to pull it back

Have you shot them yet? They use the Hoyt Cam.5 eccentrics, which I have drawn, and didn't particularly care for their FDC...

I've not heard or read anything detrimental about Reflex by any means, they seem to be a good value in thier price range.
Old 10-13-2004, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a timber wolf and the buck skin both are good shooters
if you want sped go with the timber wolf it is a little faster than the buck skin.
Old 10-13-2004, 09:31 PM
Fork Horn

I bought a Reflex Gamegetter(OK but could be better) last year, and if I was to do it all over again I'd fork out the doe and by a Mathews.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:47 AM
Fork Horn

I'm on my 7th season with my Reflex Bighorn Hunter. It is a well made bow for the money and I have only one complaint with it. The finish has worn off around the grip area. I am planning on buying a new bow next year and am looking at the Reflex Grizzly. If you find one that feels "right", I think you will be satisfied with it.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:19 PM
Spike

I have sold, and used, Dartons for many years, and am presently shooting an older Darton with the CPS system. Am well satisfied with it. I hae been a fan of the cam & 1/2 since it came out. However now to get the CPS system you have to shell out around $450 to $500 as they use a Mathews style system on their less expensive bows. Now sell Reflexes as they seem to be a very good bargain for the buck, and have what is essentialy a Hoyt bow with Darton's CPS system. I have not had any experience with their service - which may say a lot. Darton has been super the few times I have needed it.