Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

anchor point

Old 10-13-2004, 08:09 AM

Default anchor point

Where do you anchor? I currenlty anchor to far out and would like to switch to a peep site but would not be able to see though it were I anchor. One of my books (really old) suggested that the string should be centered on the chin and inline with your nose. Any responce to that?
Old 10-13-2004, 08:38 AM

Default RE: anchor point

my anchor point is a spot on the back of my neck I touch with my thumb I do use a release and when I am at that point is where I set up my peep sight which helps alot. have that spot on the back of my neck I can draw back with my eyes closed keeping the string fairly snug up aginst my face but not so tight that it will affect the strings path then at full draw I can open my eyes and if everything was consistant when I open my eyes my peep should be lined up with my sights and eye without me moving my head around. I have read that if you do not have the string snug to your face the arrow will hit left or right of where you aimed everytime depending on if you are left or right handed shooter
Old 10-13-2004, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

1) kisser in corner of mouth
2) index finger knuckle on ear lobe
3) string in center of nose
4) peep sight centered around sight housing. Been shooting like this for over a year now and its natural and instant.
Old 10-13-2004, 01:55 PM

What works for me is the string in the center of my nose, and cock vane just barely touching the corner of my mouth.
Old 10-13-2004, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.huntersfriend.com/drawlength.htm
Old 10-14-2004, 08:24 AM

in the olympic gold metal round both shooters had the string splitting their chins, kind of dug in, and on the center of their nose. this was with fingers and recurves. the string doesn't touch my nose, but does lightly touch my face. i shoot a thumb trigger and the backside of my hand is lightly against my face with my pinky knuckle tucked up under my cheekbone. once its set i relax and it is resting there, not tucked, and my hand rotates slightly back towards a horizontal position. once set i just relax everything and let it go where it naturally sits. i hold very steady this way. i also have my anchor set up so all i do is turn my head. in the past, when i have had to crook my neck a little, or bend it up or down, i have gotten cricks in it often. doing it so i don't have to bend it at all has made me more accurate and pain free the next day. i think any crook or bend is going to cause physical issues in the long run.