Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

anchor point

Old 03-27-2007, 10:07 PM

Default anchor point

I have a Bowtech Extreme VFT that I've been shooting for a couple years but I now have to get a new rest for it and would like to get it set up good for me. I was just wondering about how far above the nocking point you should anchor the string to the edge of your mouth. Right now I believe the bow is a little longer draw wise than it probably should be and so I have compensated to keep the string in the corner of my mouth and running against the tip of my nose. I was just wondering where I should start at when adjusting my length here soon. I'm shooting with a string loop and use a release. Thanks for any suggestions.

Also, is it common for the fletches to hit your chin when drawn back?
Old 03-28-2007, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: anchor point

It can all depend on what kind of release your using, if you use a release like the tru ball copper head extra you can go longer. I personaly dont anchor in the corner of my mouth, I anchor with the first knuckle of my index finger in the crease between my ear and jaw bone. As long as your not stretching or cramped, you can anchor where ever is most comfortable for you.