Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 ARROW BUILDING HELP >

ARROW BUILDING HELP

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

ARROW BUILDING HELP

Old 10-09-2004, 03:00 PM

Default ARROW BUILDING HELP

Guys -

I want to dip my new shafts and crest them. I am using carbon arrows and never done this. I have seen the 'wraps' but better like the idea of paint / dipping. I have real good quality Acrylic Marine paint by Interlux... I did a test dipo a few minutes ago.

If it does not work - I need suggestions...

Im doing an all white end, with white feathers (for shot vis) and I want it durable.....

So what type paint is best ??

What about gluing feathers on to the paint ??

Thanks guys ! I cannot wait to build my first 'custom' arrows........
Old 10-09-2004, 03:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: ARROW BUILDING HELP

Don't get me to lyin'. In all these years, I've never, ever dipped or crested my arrows. You might ask the guys on the trad forum. More likely to find one of them that does the dipping and cresting stuff. Believe it or not, some of 'em actually do carbon arrows too.
Old 10-09-2004, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.bohning.com/store/product...products_id=74
Old 10-09-2004, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

Have you ever tried white fingernail polish? works and does not add any more weight than a wrap. I don't use them for hunting, I really don't understand the purpose except to look cool? but a judo point with a white and pink fletching impossible to loose.
Old 10-09-2004, 08:15 PM

Hockey

I am doing it because last year I had a pass through, and it took 3 hours to find my arrow... had it been white on the end Id have found it much sooner. The other reason is seeing the arrow in your sight window when you shoot is a lot easier if it has white flething and the end is dipped....... thats why. It will weigh a lil more - but Im switching from plastic vanes to feathers to help offset weight. Im not a big speed freak anyway - accuracy kills, not speed.....

One more thing is - I am filming my shot this year with a video.... so seeing the arrow will be neat..... hopeful;ly Ill catch it in flight.....and on impact (heck I hope I just get one)
Old 10-11-2004, 05:24 PM
Spike

I used to dip my aluminum shafts but with carbons I just mask off what I want painted and spray them. that way I dont have to leave the knock on or plug the opening so paint doesnt get in . I use a cheep lacquar car paint and it works fine . I use goat tuff glue on my fletching and it bonds great , never had one come off yet .