Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Whisker Bisquit Experiment with pictures >

Whisker Bisquit Experiment with pictures

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Whisker Bisquit Experiment with pictures

Old 09-22-2004, 01:26 PM

Default Whisker Bisquit Experiment with pictures

Well I recently grabbed a Arizona EZ Fletch and had some spare time on my hands........I was shooting last week and my friends brother came over to show me his WB that he bought because he liked mine so much.........when he opened his bow case I almost barfed!! His vanes looked like crap. I asked him where he got it and he said Dick's........mystery solved. I showed him my vanes and told him that is what they should look like........about 15 minutes later after adjusting his rest to where it should be his arrow flight straightened out and his accuracy improved quite a bit. I told him I would re-fletch his arrows because I need the practice and all is well in the end.

That experience got me thinking though..............I wonder how many guys out there are wrecking their vanes and dealing with poor arrow flight simply because the WB they have is not setup properly??

I grabbed my bow and a bunch of arrows.......some old and some new......some with duravanes and some with bohning vanes. I moved my rest in various directions to see what would/could happen when shooting a poorly tuned WB. The results were pretty dramatic.

I took 10 shots with each arrow and then took pictures. I will explain each as follows.

This first pic is of a new Carbon Express Terminator Hunter Select with Duravanes. Never shot before and only 10 shots through B2 bisquit Deluxe. You can easily see the rippling and streaks on the vanes.

Old 09-22-2004, 01:27 PM

Default RE: Whisker Bisquit Experiment with pictures

Here is the same arrow with a different view showing the damage to the vanes.

Old 09-22-2004, 01:29 PM

Here is the same arrow from the other side........WOW remember only 10 shots.

Old 09-22-2004, 01:30 PM

Here is a good look at how rippled the vanes got.

Old 09-22-2004, 01:31 PM

Here is another Carbon Express Terminator Hunter Select with Duravanes.........10 shots.......out of tune.....YIKES!!!

Old 09-22-2004, 01:34 PM

Here is a PSE Carbon Force Extreme with Bohning Vanes. These vanes held up much better then the Duravanes but you can still see they were taking some abuse.

Old 09-22-2004, 01:35 PM

Here is another look at the Bohning vanes.

Old 09-22-2004, 01:36 PM

This is a Caron Force Extreme with Bohning vanes after 1 shot.......that's right 1 shot.

Old 09-22-2004, 01:38 PM

OK back to my senses.......I reset my rest back to where it was and resumed shooting. Here is a Carbon Force Extreme with Bohning vanes out of a TUNED WB after 10 the same amount of shots.

Old 09-22-2004, 01:39 PM

Another look at the same arrow out of a TUNED WB.

Quick Reply: Whisker Bisquit Experiment with pictures

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.