Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Need some advice/help/anything >

Need some advice/help/anything

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Need some advice/help/anything

Old 09-07-2004, 06:04 PM

Default Need some advice/help/anything

I just had new limbs put on my legacy, it is set to 65#, 400 gr. Beman arrows 100gr. tips, 27" draw, drop away rest. My question is; my arrows keep hitting 2-3 inches to the left, I keep moving my sight, but it doesnt make any sort of difference. Still hits on the left side of the target. The wind was blowing in my face when I was shooting, But I am wondering what the heck is going on with that. And if I move my sights a little more, than it starts shooting to the right, and the arrow looks out of control. Thoughts.........could this be a form problem? I know that I am thinking about this way to much, but it irritates me so.

Thanks
Old 09-07-2004, 06:41 PM

Default RE: Need some advice/help/anything

I would paper tune and make sure your rest is ok. Get that done and go from there. Easton has a great guide on bow tuning found at http://www.eastonarchery.com/downloads/
Old 09-08-2004, 05:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Need some advice/help/anything

My question is; my arrows keep hitting 2-3 inches to the left, I keep moving my sight, but it doesnt make any sort of difference. Still hits on the left side of the target. The wind was blowing in my face when I was shooting, But I am wondering what the heck is going on with that. And if I move my sights a little more, than it starts shooting to the right, and the arrow looks out of control.
My first thought would be that you could be potentially canting the bow to one side or the other. When you cant the bow clockwise or counterclockwise then shots tend to end up to the left or right of the point of impact. This usually occurs though at farther distances after you have sighted in your first pin (assuming a multiple pin sight).