Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bow Sights

Old 09-04-2004, 12:00 PM

Default Bow Sights

I just bought a sight and installed it. My question is,is there a easier way to set the sights than shooting and ajusting over and over?
Old 09-04-2004, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bow Sights

I've never done it any other way. Though I suppose if you could find a person or pro shop that has one of Apple Archery's laser gizmo's it might help make things easier. http://www.applearchery.com/0765.htm
Old 09-04-2004, 12:23 PM

I just bought a sight and installed it. My question is,is there a easier way to set the sights than shooting and ajusting over and over?
Shoot at the spot you are using to set your sight: then leave that pin setting as is. Put a red spot on the hole the arrow made if it is not on the spot you shot at.

Now set the pin you plan to use for that distance in the other sight groove.
Set this pin on the red spot that marks the arrow hole: while the first pin used to shoot is setting on the original spot you shot at.

Now the first pin in the first groove is aiming at the original spot you shot at; and the second pin in the second groove is aiming at the red spot where the arrow point hit. So this second pin is set on target.

Above I said shoot an arrow to mark a spot for simplicity, but you may wish to shoot 3 or more to mark a spot & calculate a mean, for more precision.
Old 09-04-2004, 06:15 PM

When I first set a bow up I line up the string through the middle of the riser (or limbs) and than put and arrow on the rest. Look look down the arrow till the string "splits" the arrow and adjust you sight pind to be hidden by the string.

Doesn't always work on every bow and will be way different if shooting fingers but it'll get you in the ballpark quicker.