Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 one pin sights vs. multi-pin sights >

one pin sights vs. multi-pin sights

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

one pin sights vs. multi-pin sights

Old 11-15-2006, 04:14 PM
Spike

Default one pin sights vs. multi-pin sights

Can someone tell me the advantages/disadvantages to using a one pin sight vs. a multi-pin sight and possibly give me some suggestions on the better ones out there?
Old 11-15-2006, 06:09 PM
Spike

Default RE: one pin sights vs. multi-pin sights

I prefer a single pin movable sight.I use a Cobra easy slide ..but there are many other good ones out there. I have 3 settings marked on my sight(20,30, and 40 yards). With this type of sight you get a better sight picture because of only 1 pin...plus there is no chance of using the wrong pin..a mistake that countless hunters make every year.It only takes a split second to switch yardage(about the same amount of time it takes to determine which pin to use on multi-pin sights!)The extra moving parts on this sight has never been a problem for me..and I have hunted in rain, snow, and just about any nasty condition you can think of.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:54 PM

It truely is personal preference. I like a single pin mover because it is less confusing and less cluttered. With todays bows, the pin gap is so small all the pins just blur together, and besides, I am notorious for using the wrong pin.

With a single pin, none of that to worry about, just setting the proper yardage. I leave my pin set at 25 yards while hunting. It shoots 1" high at 20 yards and 1" low at 30 yards, so I don't have to mess w/ it unless the deer is beyond 30 yards. That's why I choose a single pin and will NEVER use a multiple pin sight again.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:55 PM

I have shot multiple pins until this year. I traded a Sword for an HHA slider. I too have the 20, 30, and 40 marks. I set it at 25 and change if need be. Set at 25, I was good enough to drop a nice KS 8 point last weekend. It is a nice picture, you just draw and shoot. No guessing, especially from a treestand. You can't beat 3 ft of fiber either.

jmac
Old 11-15-2006, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a single pin mover for 3D
and

Iuse a 3 pin sight for hunting
Old 11-16-2006, 09:09 AM

I use a three pin simply because there are to many other things going thru my brain when I'm up in a tree that I don't want to have to think about any last minute/second adjustments when a deer presents itself.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use two pins. One set at 20, and the other (just below) is dead on at 35. So dead on, in fact, that I cleanly shot under a deer the other evening at 32 yards using the gap between the two pins to bracket the doe's vitals. Clean miss, no harm or foul.

Needless to say, I took the lower one off and now have a one pin sight (used to be three) that is set at 25 yards.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

It truely is personal preference. I like a single pin mover because it is less confusing and less cluttered. With todays bows, the pin gap is so small all the pins just blur together, and besides, I am notorious for using the wrong pin.

With a single pin, none of that to worry about, just setting the proper yardage. I leave my pin set at 25 yards while hunting. It shoots 1" high at 20 yards and 1" low at 30 yards, so I don't have to mess w/ it unless the deer is beyond 30 yards. That's why I choose a single pin and will NEVER use a multiple pin sight again.
Exactly what he said! Look at Vital Bow Gears ProSlide sight for a great one pin slider.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Also a single vertical pin is great for hunting. I like to put the vertical post on the back side of the front leg. Its a great visual indicator of the sweet spot on a deer.

Old 11-20-2006, 10:03 AM

I used an HHA Slider but have since installed the fixed mount and set my pin to 25 yards. It is 1" high at 20 and 2" low at 35. It's amazing how fast an arrow drops after 35 yards so that is what I try to limit myself to.

With the single pin setup I have, I think I will try the Hindsight after the season is over. I'm hoping that setup will be simplicity in itself.

Quick Reply: one pin sights vs. multi-pin sights

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.