Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 New Outback sight in trouble >

New Outback sight in trouble

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

New Outback sight in trouble

Old 09-04-2004, 07:32 PM
Spike

Default New Outback sight in trouble

My neighbor just bought a Mathews Outback bow from our local bow shop.
I was with him today and it was sighted in at 17 yds. That is the lane length. He was using some 29" Cabela carbons he had. When he was done sighting in the shop owner tied in the peep so it woud not move. We went out to play with it and my Q2 to shoot at longer range. The only thing different was he bought some 26" arrows that the shop said he should use.
NOW. we went out and shot it and at 20 yds he was at least 12" low. I adjusted the sights and still could not get him up to zero. Its going back to shop Tues. but I am curious.
Sights are a Cobra 3 pin, drop in Wisker Biscut. Would the change in arrow length do it? 29" to 26" Never shot it in shop with the shorter arrows. Checked everything for tightness.
Sorry for the long post THANKS ALOT
Old 09-04-2004, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Outback sight in trouble

I'm not sure that the arrow length would cause this issue, sounds more like the peep may have been moved upon tying or something has shifted, like the sight or rest. Anyhow, good luck.

Kelly
Old 09-04-2004, 10:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Outback sight in trouble

There is only 2 things I can think of ---1----maybe his nock moved,wasn't tightened down when left the shop or 2----He is anchoring to high and not anchoring down low enough-which wouldent make sence because he sighted his bow in for 17 yards with the peep tied in,but it sure sounds like his anchor point is way to high.If not his anchor point then check the nock.