Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

buckmaster g2

Old 08-31-2004, 03:09 PM

Default buckmaster g2

well i have been tuning and tuning on it and i must have a limb twist on it limb pocket aint right or riser is bent beacuse the only way it will center shot is at 1/2" and this is with 3 type of arrows and spine and differnt points. it wouldnt be bad but the feltch is rubbing the riser. i have heard of this with jenning but i didnt think i would get one. this settle its iam getting a mighty mite
Old 09-01-2004, 10:19 AM

Default RE: buckmaster g2

From the heading, I am assuming that you bought a Buckmaster G2 and are having problems with it? If it is a brand new bow from a dealer, take it back. Have them look at it because it definately sounds like something is wrong with the bow. I have been shooting a G2 for 3 years. Bought it when they first came out and have not had any problems with it other than my own stupiduty. [:-]
Old 09-01-2004, 07:11 PM
Fork Horn

I had an older Buckmaster and I could not get it to tune. Come to find out my cock feathers were rubbing on the riser. I took it to a tech and they said it was a common problem with the buckmaster. Other than that I loved the bow. I just couldn't get it to shoot real well when I cranked it up to 64#. I bought a new jennings trophy master this year and am very happy with it. I wanted better but the wallet couldn't afford it.
Old 09-02-2004, 05:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Are you using the shockstop on it or the standard cable guard slide? I have seen a few NAAG bows with bent risers in recent years so I would not rule that out. I would suggest going back to the dealer first and explaining the problem.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:02 AM

ORIGINAL: PABowhntr

Are you using the shockstop on it or the standard cable guard slide? I have seen a few NAAG bows with bent risers in recent years so I would not rule that out. I would suggest going back to the dealer first and explaining the problem.
Are you using the shockstop on it or the standard cable guard slide?

The early G2 shockstops had a flaw in design which would cause them to crack. Inspect yours and if it is, Fred Bear Archery will send you another one pronto. They did with mine.
I forgot to state that I took off the shockstop after a year. IMO the bow is quieter without it. Then I put a QT 4000 on it last year which has it's own cable guard so the shockstop would have come off anyway.
Don't give up on it. It's one of the nicest, short A2A bows out there. I'm shooting 28" CX Hunter 200's with Scorpion XP100's for a total arrow weight of 377grains. Draw weight is set at 63#'s and my arrow speed average is 268fps. The bow is very quiet, fast and you can shoot it while sitting in your stand.