Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Spitfire XP Broadhead >

Spitfire XP Broadhead

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Spitfire XP Broadhead

Old 08-30-2004, 12:12 PM

Default Spitfire XP Broadhead

I was wondering if anyone has used the new Pro XP Series Spitfire Broadhead on deer size game and what the results were? I have heard they leave a great blood trail.
Old 08-31-2004, 03:51 AM

Default RE: Spitfire XP Broadhead

I have a good friend that uses the xp spitfires. They are not the por but the only difference is the nickel tip. He has had good luck. I have went and bought the pro series to use this season. Hopefully I will get a chance.

Jeff
Old 08-31-2004, 06:22 AM

Glen,I've been using the NAP Spitfire Pro's for years with excellant results(100grs.).Great mech-heads.They worked so well,that I just had to try out the new XP's.They look great,fly like fieldpoints,NAP's usual quality.One problem,the replacement blades are not available.You can get them though their web sight,but thats a pain in the neck and it's pricey.I don't know if you can use the replacement blades for the Scorpion XP,cause they have a 1-1/4in cut,and the Spitfires have a 1-1/2 cut.This does present a problem to me,because I change out blades(new) after every shot when I'm hunting.If I would of known of this,I would of stayed with the Spitfire Pro's,Scorpion XP's or the Shockwaves...Bob
Old 08-31-2004, 06:31 AM

Treestand, are you refering to the cut on contact tip not being easy to find. I was under the impression that the regular blades were the same as the spitfire. I just bought some XP pro 100's and assumed that the regular replacement blades were the same. I had not thought about replacement blades for the tip. I have been using the spitfire 100's for years and have had great succses. I just bought the XP Pro's to try like you and just assumed the blades were the same and could use the spitfire blades as a replacement. I'll call NAP today and find out what's up, I'll also ask about the tip replacements.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

The blades are the same between the Spitfire/Spitfire Pro, and the Spitfire XP. The blades for the Scorpion XP are not the same as the Spitfires AFAICT.

The Replacement blade kit for the Scorpion XPs come with the replacement razor tip, I would assume the Spitfire XP replacement blade kit would too.
Old 08-31-2004, 08:18 AM

I just called NAP, the razor replacement tip for the XP is sold seperatly and only factory direct, I think she said it was $11 for three blades. She told me dealers would not be carrying the replacement tips, to many small parts. All spitfire blades are interchangable. The scorpian is the odd one and takes it own replacement blades. Hope this helps.
Old 08-31-2004, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Eider

the razor replacement tip for the XP is sold seperatly and only factory direct, I think she said it was $11 for three blades...... She told me dealers would not be carrying the replacement tips, to many small parts

Thats just friggin silly...sounds to me like they probably cannot fit them in the existing spitfire replacement blade packs and don't want to spend the extra cash for new plastic casing/blister pack that will hold the tips and the blades....

As much as they are charging for their broadheads lately, they should throw in some extras...

Don't get me wrong , I love and shoot NAP heads (and rests, etc), but that is dumbest thing I've ever heard.
Old 08-31-2004, 08:30 AM

Glen:

I have them coming in this week. I'll be testing them and many of the other variances this year.

Len
Old 08-31-2004, 08:44 AM

Len: What about the replacement front blade? I know you get a lot of stuff like that. If it is $11 for the front blade and $14 for the replacement side blades then you might as well get new heads????? I think we should open a blade shop making exact fit blades and selling them......
Old 09-01-2004, 11:07 AM

Glen,

I guess I am just adding to what people have already said but I have used the Spitfires in the past with good results. I never saw the need to buy the pros. Last year I tried the Scorpion XP100s and they worked great. With good shot placement, the two deer I shot didn't go farther than 35 yards. They fly like field points and left a huge blood trail, not that I needed it.

As people have already stated, the blades are not interchangeable. I did file down some practice blades from the spitfires to fit into the scorpion body but it was a PITA. The heads ended up weighing 98 grains. It was more convienent than replacing rubber bands all the time though.

It sounds like NAP needs to figure out their blade replacment pricing/packaging but I still think their products are excellent!

Hey Len, what is the name of your shop in Baltimore? I live in Catonsville and would like to check it out.

Steve

Quick Reply: Spitfire XP Broadhead

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.