Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

buckmaster G2

Old 04-26-2004, 06:22 PM

Default buckmaster G2

who shoots this bow and what do you think of it? i have had mine for a couple months now but being in teh military haven' had the chance to shoot it yet. was just wondering your opinions were.
Old 04-26-2004, 07:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: buckmaster G2

I dont own one but others speek high of it. seems to be a good solid bow.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

They are very popular in this area ,but everyone here own's one .I don't follow this because I like to be different and I don't like to have what everyone else has .I've heard some good thing's about them but I've also seen a lot of guy's deal them and sell them and go to the other favourite lines available such as Hoyt,Mathew's and BowTech.

nubo
Old 04-27-2004, 06:12 AM

i have a g2 and love my bow!! it's very quiet, not as fast as some of the speed bows.... my only complaint is the string they use change it !!! put on a winner chioce, or bowman's ,berry's string something better than what they came with...my peep was constant problem 1st string broke 2nd streched really bad serving was weak... with a short ata this bow was great in my blind and from a treestand!!! you won't be disappionted with the performanceof the bow... but take my advice and change your string right away.....my peep problem went away and i picked up a few more fps... also please let me say thank you for protecting my rights and my back in this sad time that we live in you are doing a great job if no one has told you yet let me be the first
Old 04-27-2004, 06:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

I had a G2 two years ago and was very pleased with both the overall lack of recoil and low noise level. The perimeter weighted single cam also had a draw cycle to my liking. It has that "drop into a hole" feeling at full draw. However, speed was severly lacking with the particular model I owned. I would only peak at 67 lbs and even with a 30.5 inch draw length setting I could only squeak out 302 fps when set as close to IBO specs as possible considering the above comments.

Great little bow though...we sell a ton of them down at the local shop.