Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
I need recommendations for a new release. >

I need recommendations for a new release.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

I need recommendations for a new release.

Old 01-06-2002, 02:54 PM

Default I need recommendations for a new release.

I plan on using the hunting off-season to work on improving my shooting. I have always used a wrist strap (velcro)caliper style release. Current model is a TRU Ball Tornado Deluxe. It is nice release, but I tend to anticipate the shot on occasion.

I'd like to try something that is triggered by something other than my index finger. What style tends to make the biggest difference in feel compared to what I'm using? I'm primarily a hunter, but do shoot some 3D. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Old 01-06-2002, 03:45 PM

Default RE: I need recommendations for a new release.

The truball pro diamond is a T handle release that can be used for competition or hunting. I have one on order right now. I had to pay almost $80 for mine. Its a little pricy.
Old 01-06-2002, 04:11 PM

Ky-bowhunter,

How is that release triggered?
Old 01-06-2002, 08:42 PM
Fork Horn

Carter and Tru-ball both make hand held thumb trigger releases as well as pinky finger releases.IMHO an index finger release is the root of all evils when it comes to punching the trigger(VERY EASY TO DO)
It is possible to punch the others as well even true back tension releases,it's just not as easily done.
I personally like the Carter BK Target.
If you switch from a index trigger to that of a thumb or pinky type you may have to change your anchor point since you will be turning the back of the hand against your face in order to trigger these type releases.
You may also need to make drawlength adjustments to accomodate the new style release.