Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

trophy ridge

Old 12-18-2002, 02:50 PM
pup

Default trophy ridge

am thinking of getting one of these sights. the only problem i see is that the vertical pins would cover up the center of the target? am i right on thinking this?

small but deadly
Old 12-18-2002, 03:14 PM

Default RE: trophy ridge

Pup, I put a trophy ridge on my Q2 and I love it. Easiest sight to adjust I have ever used. I don't notice it covering the target and it is excellent in low light. It only took me 3 shots and about five minutes to set the first pin. However, I do have a friend that can not use one because he tends to cant his bow when he shoots. So he has to use horizontal pins as they do not line up vertically from 10-20-30 yds etc. Just something to keep in mind. Good luck.
Old 12-18-2002, 03:24 PM

dfletch,
your friend should check into the torque adjustment that is available on some of the newer TR sights.
Old 12-18-2002, 06:01 PM

I use the Flatliner model and really like it. I haven't had any problems with sight picture and have taken three deer this year thus far and see no reason to change back to the old style. It was setup so well from the factory that all I had to do to sight it in was to make an elevation change (the whole sight) and never needed to adjust any of the pins afterwards. Depending on your bow poundage and stick size/weight you may find your situation somewhat different. It's been my experience that I can see all my pins before I can make out the kill spot on my target. Good product. My pro shop guy said that the wingnuts are prone to loosening and he advised me to install the traditional hardware and use an allen wrench to tighten everything to avoid sight creep do the repeated shooting. I just put the ol gorilla grip on everything and all is fine.
Old 12-18-2002, 07:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

If you mainly hunt from a treestand then you should be fine. I have one and took it off my bow cause the pins are way to fragile and they have a tendancy to break when you need them. One small twig in the sight when you're stalking or still hunting, SNAP there goes the pin, and the hunt is over. If you are hunting from the ground like I do for elk and mulies then I would look at the HHA triple threat. A much more durable design. I do, however, love the in-line pin design.
Old 12-18-2002, 08:26 PM
Typical Buck

I have the trophy ridge, what attracted me to it was it's amazing light gathering ability, I to found that the sight crawls vertically about every 25 shots. But I like the sight so much I'm willing to live with that. With the wing nut design it adjusts quickly to original position. My original reason for buying it was to be able to shoot in low light conditions, and I can now do that. Being mostly an elk hunter I was concerned like BIG BULLS as to the fragilness of the pins, I to hunt only on the ground, but I'am very careful around brush and branches, I usually hunt 20 days of the bow season and cover 6 to 12 miles a day all on the ground, and so far so good. BIG BULLS I'm keeping my fingers crossed. elknu1
Old 12-18-2002, 08:33 PM
Typical Buck

SORRY for not answering your direct question, I line all the pins up so they are all on 20yds, but have tried with all pins from 20 to 50 and saw no trouble with them covering up target. elknut1
Old 12-18-2002, 11:29 PM
pup

thanks for the replys.. see what i am thinking is say there is a target at 50 yards.. so i use my bottem pin but the pin is as wid as the ten ring so it cover it up. so how do i know if i am on up and down.. but this wouldent be a problem on an animal.. and are there any other sight with round pin gaurds besides the spot hogg and the copper johns?

small but deadly
Old 12-19-2002, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Impact archery makes the cosmic--30" of fiber optics with a bright green pin--I have a flatliner now but will be getting the cosmic soon.
Old 12-19-2002, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pup some members of this board including myself had big problems with that sight moveing . Mine would move up makeing my shoots low I tryed replacing the thumb screws with allen screws but it did'nt help .They may have it fixed it in this years model I'm not sure .They are bright and I liked the sight picture .

We all have different oppinions , if we did'nt the world would be a BORING place

Quick Reply: trophy ridge

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.