Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 trimming the Whisker buscuit? >

trimming the Whisker buscuit?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

trimming the Whisker buscuit?

Old 08-11-2004, 07:24 PM

Default trimming the Whisker buscuit?

I have the new B2 buscuit and have noticed the whiskers where the fletching pass through are getting a little deformed. They are not bad but I would like to try a little trimming. The bow is well tuned. After about 200 shots with Duravanes, which are not recommended for the WB, and some fairly good helical, I have one vane showing a VERY minor scuff on the edge. Can anyone lead me thru the trimming. If I botch it, I can procure a new buscuit and start over. Don
Old 08-11-2004, 08:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: trimming the Whisker buscuit?

Are the whiskers actually getting deformed or are they just slightly pushing forward?
Old 08-11-2004, 09:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

, I have one vane showing a VERY minor scuff on the edge. Can anyone lead me thru the trimming. If I botch it, I can procure a new buscuit and start over. Don
Is it a black scuff mark?
Old 08-12-2004, 03:18 AM

Just a thought. If your shooting carbon arrows. Why don't you buy the WB that is for aluminum arrows. This would give you the bigger/ wider hole. Hope this Helps.

Jeff
Old 08-12-2004, 08:59 PM

mammasboy, The whiskers are getting slightly displaced on the side toward shooter. I was able to rub the whiskers and they went back in place.

BOWFANATIC, Not a black scuff, I am shooting vane up and the vanes are not close to the black support whiskers. The left vane, looking toward sight, is getting the scuff on the edge. I am shooting Duravanes (not recommended for WB) at approx. 4 degrees right helical ( also not recommended). I am farily sure I have no tuning or fletch orintation issues.

Flash550, I bought the buscuit that Carolina Archery recommended for the type arrows I'm shooting. I have read that some people are using the alum. for carbons and this could help but the vanes extend into the whiskers approx. 5/8". Making the whole 1/8" bigger, IMO, could help but as the vanes don't lay down like feathers, I can't see it solving any rubbing or flight problems. I may be wrong and would entertain any thoughts on this.

I am pleased with the flight , groups and speed of the WB. I just want to trim the whiskers, as some have indicated would make a good rest better. I need some direction but if none is available, I will attack the buscuit with my scissors and if it dies, off to the shop to procure another[]. Don
Old 08-12-2004, 09:17 PM

Something I forgot. I received my Bohning vanes today and will re-fletch soon. I also have 3 out of 6 new arrows damaged. I bought 12 Carbon Express 300's and only fletched 6 with the Duravanes. The Whisker buscuit has shot well enough to shot thru 2 vanes and bust one nock(luckily the shaft wasn't damaged). Don