Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Serving Seperating? >

Serving Seperating?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Serving Seperating?

Old 08-10-2004, 02:18 PM

Default Serving Seperating?

My Bowtech MM serving on the cable by the bottom cam is seperating alot. I have had this happen with solo cam bows before. My guestion is if anyone else has had this problem on their Bowtech's. I guess I will need to get it reserved. Or has anyone left it alone without the serving breaking?
Old 08-10-2004, 02:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Serving Seperating?

I had a serving problem on my 02 Patriot it had the winners choice string and cable I got in contact with WC they said to send it back and they would reserve it.

But it was going to take 2 weeks and the season opener was a week away so I just took the bow to a Pro Shop and had them reserve it only cost $5 and I had the bow back and shooting within 30 minutes.

On all my other Bowtechs I have not had a problem with seperation but then again they have all been dual cams.

I would suggest you take it to a Pro Shop and have it reserved that way you wont be without your bow for a prolonged period of time.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:09 PM

buy another string and send yours back.i had the same problem with winners choice stone mountain all on bowtech bows have 3 now love them. anyway make sure your cam is not over rotating this is what kills the string. the marks on the cam only get you close to say 80% letoff if you have a lot of valley you are over rotated your string will be in contact with the axle which does in the string.i have not had any problems with my bowtechs since i keep a eye on this good luck.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:31 PM

Or has anyone left it alone without the serving breaking?
I have used the a SC Mathews for a year with the same separation & see no ill effects, although some would argue this may short the life of the string.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:08 PM
Typical Buck

A quick fix is to serve a 3-4 inch section right over the existing serving. You'll probably need around a .019" serving material to do this without affecting how it lays on the module.