Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Help me with a sight >

Help me with a sight

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Help me with a sight

Old 08-07-2004, 07:45 AM

Default Help me with a sight

I have not shot a single pin sight but am thinking about getting one. I have a Spott-Hog real deal now on my Outback but it's not quite bright enough at low light. I have looked at the HHA, Impact solo, Vital bow gear and the Trophy Taker 4 pin sight. I was concerned about mounting a quiver with the single pin sights but with the Muzzy zero effect rest this has become a non issue. I have a Alpine 5 arrow quiver due to being able to remove it when I get in my stand but will have to go to a back quiver if I keep the Muzzy. I need some help with the sights mentioned, or others, with the following features.
1) Brightness at low light
2) To much brightness in sun light
3) adjustability( I realize the Trophy Taker is not a single pin sight)
4) durability
Any help would be greatly appricated. Don
Old 08-07-2004, 10:30 AM

Default RE: Help me with a sight

just replace the fiber optics.go to fiberoptics.com and you can purchase the size and color you need.i have don that on several pin sights and they are alot brighter. i love the green for hunting.
its fun and interesting to do and fairly simple and alot cheaper. take the old fiber optic out --stick one end of fiber into sight pin making sure it is all the wayin to the bottom of the pin--cut it just a tad longer at the tip and take a lighter and apply it near the end of the fiber not touching the fiber optic itself and the heat will ball the end of the fiber to the tip--it may take a few trys but it will come pretty easy after you get the hang of it. i did it on all my extreme sights and they work great. its not hard at all but worth the effort. after a period of time all fiber optic gets build up on them and makes them seem rather dull than before. the spot hog is a excellent sight and worth a try.
Old 08-07-2004, 11:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

You can also get a light for the Spot Hogg I have one on my Hogg-it and man it is that bright it is scary

Here is a pic I took in total darkness and no flash.

Old 08-07-2004, 11:46 AM

The HHA 5000 Optimizer-Lite,or the newer verison 5500 will give you everything you are looking for...Bob
Old 08-07-2004, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes indeedy. The sight you have described by your requirements is the HHA OL 5000. No plastic on this winner. And it comes with a couple of tube-standoffs that allow you to mount your quiver, even with the ZE rest. I have the same setup on my Pearson Freedom.