Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Anchoring.

Old 08-06-2004, 04:48 PM

Default Anchoring.

I never really thought anchoring made much dif. in a persons shooting.I was wrong,

I just went to take a few shots,And the were all wide right,I mean off the target wide,I was getting made,I started to take one more shot,but this time I thought,Ok before you shoot pull the string back and count to ten,thinking of everything you know about this,

So I pull back start counting and before I get to 3,it hits me,Hay I'm not anchoring,So I put my thumb at the Conner of my mouth and line up my shot,And bang less than an inch from the bulls eye,4 more shots,same place,

Well I guess that's what it takes sometimes,You have to stop and count,just to remind your self of what you need to do,

But at least I did it before I got mad and moved the sights.lol,now that would have been bad.
Old 08-08-2004, 12:09 PM

Default RE: Anchoring.

When I started shooting a bow, many years ago, LOL, I had trouble finding the same spot on my jaw to anchor. To over come this, and be able to hit the exact spot every time, I put one of the small, round, bandaids on my jaw where the best anchor occured, for me. This made it a smiple operation to hit the same spot ever time. When you get it drilled into your head where this spot is, do away with the bandaid. I have found that if my form starts to go south, I can put the bandaid back on, and get every thing back together. Just my two cents. Be safe.
Shoot Straight
Derbytown
Old 08-08-2004, 12:52 PM

So I put my thumb at the Conner of my mouth and line up my shot,
Ohmmm, what ever works I guess.

no telling how many deer are wounded every year because of not getting to the proper anchor point. If it is not automatic you probabely are not going to get to your proper anchor point when excited looking at a nice deer.

Good luck.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:04 PM
bigcountry

I have been struggling this year with my anchor points. Guess I got alot on my mind. I will go out one morning, and be dead on, then that evening, over the back at 30 and 40 yards. I then figure out, my mouth is open pushing the kisser is off, my arm is not parellel with my arrows. Keep on keeping on. And it will be natural I guess.

Old 08-09-2004, 01:09 PM

I am using a kisser button and I still find my shot groups drifting to the right if I do not concentrate on my anchor point and the placement of that button.
Old 08-09-2004, 07:17 PM
Fork Horn

i use a kisser button but i also touch the string with the tip of my nose that way i have two anchor spots