Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Anchoring points with Glasses >

Anchoring points with Glasses

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Anchoring points with Glasses

Old 02-11-2006, 11:03 AM
bigcountry

Default Anchoring points with Glasses

I like shooting big peeps and kissers but can't shoot very well without my specticals. But if I shoot with my kisser in the corner and my nose on the string, my thumb under my jaw, I have trouble seeing out of my glasses thru the peep.

What does others do? I even has some hunting glasses made that are wrap around Wiley X to get more lense in the spot I need it. Thinking of changing my technique with out my nose on the string.

Old 02-11-2006, 01:39 PM

Default RE: Anchoring points with Glasses

Hm, you got me stumped there. I shoot with both glasses and contacts, and my anchor is the same regardless. Just thinking outloud, but perhaps your peep needs to be reset and your anchor adjusted a little??
Old 02-11-2006, 02:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

Hm, you got me stumped there. I shoot with both glasses and contacts, and my anchor is the same regardless. Just thinking outloud, but perhaps your peep needs to be reset and your anchor adjusted a little??

Good answer... You will more than likely have to adjust your peep.. When I went from a trigger release to a back tension, my anchor point changed a little under my hear, and I had to adjust the peep.. I also shoot with or with out glasses it doesn't effect my anchor points. I don't use a kisser, as I had a mustache and I know by the feel against my mouth I am anchored at the right spot...
Old 02-11-2006, 06:14 PM
bigcountry

Well the nose position is what is killing me. I try tomorrow and see. I used to never need glasses but with this diabetes, vision went quick.

Old 02-11-2006, 06:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Well the nose position is what is killing me. I try tomorrow and see. I used to never need glasses but with this diabetes, vision went quick.

Mark, close your eyes and draw back, allow the string to touch your nose, ( still your eyes are closed) when you feel all your anchor points areon, open your eyes.. You should be looking out of your peep.. if not adjust it, and resight. That should correct it.
Old 02-11-2006, 07:26 PM

i can't wear my glasses to shoot. the dang frame is in the way. i only really need them at night when driving, but i figured they'd be nice to shoot in, can't do it, even without a peep.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:15 AM

I bought contacts for hunting a few years ago...what a difference. Also, I shortened my drawlength, got rid of my kisser and use a Copper John Deadnuts Hunter with a large diameter peep. The orange sight ring fills my peep perfectly (the orange can just barely be seen around the inside of the peep) and I have no problem with consistency.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:02 AM

Stop by the shop and I'll show you the method that I teach most of my customers shooting with glasses. If it works for you, you can try to explain it.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:16 AM
bigcountry

Thanks Len, I be by this week to shoot some.