Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Single Cams vs. Hybrid Single Cams >

Single Cams vs. Hybrid Single Cams

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Single Cams vs. Hybrid Single Cams

Old 07-28-2004, 05:26 AM

Default RE: Single Cams vs. Hybrid Single Cams

Personally I prefer the zero cam bow,but that's just me.Wait, what is that I hear???? Sounds like someone whacking a dead horse

CB
Old 07-28-2004, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

X_BOX, I don't see your post as anything more than a veiled Mathews bash. I think you'd find that once "properly" set up, any top line bow (and mid line) would shoot much better than you can. How important is straight nock travel, really? To some it's a big deal. To others, not. It may make tuning more or less a chore, but in the end, the arrows can be made to hit where they should. BTW, getting personal with people because their opinion doesn't line up with your bash is not putting anymore credence into your statements.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yow, this is a heated debate! [&:]

Let me throw this into the mix {then I'll run for cover....} I still like this style of bow. What is wrong with an old dual cam 41" ATA, with the tear-drop steel cable system?

My bow string is the B50 dacron and is still 35" and hasn't moved/stretched/shifted at all, probably since 1996! Arrows are common Easton XX75's in #2315. Release is a Tru-Fire Magnum.

All I gotta say is that this is a stable, balanced, deadly accurate bow. Eventually, I'll upgrade into a faster single cam type of bow, but for now, this old PSE Edge Series 1000C lefty bow still works great. [8D]

Butch A.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

In my opinion single cams are on their way out and hybrids are in.
I disagree. In my opinion we'll always have a choice between single, dual and hybrid cam bows.
Old 07-28-2004, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

OK, let's see. First post seems like it is intended to start an argument. Basically no information in profile. Insults people on this board who have proven they know what they are talking about and have been very helpful to others. And spouts info like an expert, except for the fact that most of it is either opinion or unproven.

Yeah, chase us out and pi$$ in our pool![8D]

Good thing you seem to know enough that you will never need anyone's help here.

Butch: I agree, that bow will still do a great job. Good luck hunting this year.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Butch, in a lot of ways I prefer that kind of bow over what we've got to choose from today. Yes, they're slow as molasses in winter compared to today's bows, but they're simple, rugged, easy to work on without a press, easy to tune and they STAY tuned. Good bow!
Old 07-28-2004, 11:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks Arthur P and Joe PA....

I brought my bow into the shop last week for a check-up. The guys checked it all over, put it on the scale, put in the press to removed the nock point and serving, etc... They used squares and other alignment tools, and believe it or not, the bow is still square and true. The serving was just worn, that's all. Since I don't use a string loop, they recommended just replacing the serving and set it all up for me again. This rugged old bow has plenty of life left in it and is still in great condition. Lastly, they checked the peep alignment and checked me out at full draw and everything is all set perfectly. Old style dual cam bows are built to last, that's for sure![8D]

Butch A.

P.S. My bow is set at 65# and 65% letoff and 30" draw, and it will stay tuned like that for years.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:57 AM

X_MAN - whats the deal dude? what is your overall point? Can you prove without a doubt that a Hybrid is vastly superior? If so state the facts, till then what can you prove? Archery & equipment is subjective. I like single cams, hes I have shot all the other styles as well. I still shoot a single cam. Why? because for me it is the best system I have found.

I don't even know why I am fooling with a reply. any amount of brain power used to reply to your post is really not worth it.

[&:]
Old 07-28-2004, 12:27 PM

Thanks X-Man now that I can see your ignorance in black and white I will know to ignore any of your posts or advice. I like all kinds and brands of bows.

1. The profit mark-up on Mathews for dealers is about 3 times what a Hoyt is.
2. Mathews spends more on advertising/marketing than any other company.
3. They once came out with an innovative product and consumers get tunnel vision.

How do any of the above relate to the choice between one or two cam bows? How do you know how much any particular bow company spends on ads? They are all privately held and do not release any figures on ad spend.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:42 PM

I would like to thank the guy that started this post. Although it looks to me like he was trying to start an arguement and when he started to get his lunch ate he even had to throw in a political red hearing.

That being said, I have been able to gleen a lot of info from this post, as I am just getting back into bow hunting and am looking for a bow to purchase. I am a total newb when it comes to what is out there on the market now. My father, who has hunted with a recurve all his life and kills deer religiously with a recurve would call all these new bows "contraptions". I myself still have an old browning recurve in the closet that I used to shoot regularly and hunt with when I was a kid in the 70'S. I remember how religiously I had to shoot that bow to maintain hunting accuracy and how easy it was for me to transition to a dual cam PSE thunderflight in the 80's. Unfurtunately it was stolen in the late 80's (man I loved that bow). With a heavy work schedule and not much time to shoot I gave up bow hunting and just stuck to muzzleloader and rifle hunting. I am now living in state where the bowhunting season is long and liberal and I want to start bowhunting again. I am not a pro and I get confused with the single cam/hybrid cam and all the other new stuff that is out there. Can some of you regulars ( that obviously know what you are talking about) please nudge me in the right direction on what types and brands to consider? I am looking to spend about $400 for just the bow and I will outfit it with accessories as I go.

Thanks for all the helpfull info in this post.

Quick Reply: Single Cams vs. Hybrid Single Cams

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.