HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Single Cams vs. Hybrid Single Cams
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2004, 12:42 PM
dino195

Default RE: Single Cams vs. Hybrid Single Cams

I would like to thank the guy that started this post. Although it looks to me like he was trying to start an arguement and when he started to get his lunch ate he even had to throw in a political red hearing.

That being said, I have been able to gleen a lot of info from this post, as I am just getting back into bow hunting and am looking for a bow to purchase. I am a total newb when it comes to what is out there on the market now. My father, who has hunted with a recurve all his life and kills deer religiously with a recurve would call all these new bows "contraptions". I myself still have an old browning recurve in the closet that I used to shoot regularly and hunt with when I was a kid in the 70'S. I remember how religiously I had to shoot that bow to maintain hunting accuracy and how easy it was for me to transition to a dual cam PSE thunderflight in the 80's. Unfurtunately it was stolen in the late 80's (man I loved that bow). With a heavy work schedule and not much time to shoot I gave up bow hunting and just stuck to muzzleloader and rifle hunting. I am now living in state where the bowhunting season is long and liberal and I want to start bowhunting again. I am not a pro and I get confused with the single cam/hybrid cam and all the other new stuff that is out there. Can some of you regulars ( that obviously know what you are talking about) please nudge me in the right direction on what types and brands to consider? I am looking to spend about $400 for just the bow and I will outfit it with accessories as I go.

Thanks for all the helpfull info in this post.