Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Left eye taking dominance when shooting with two eyes. >

Left eye taking dominance when shooting with two eyes.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Left eye taking dominance when shooting with two eyes.

Old 07-24-2004, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Left eye taking dominance when shooting with two eyes.

If you shoot with both eyes open how do you prevent your peep from getting blury. I think the left eye is taking dominance or something.

Also I'm going to get a new pin for my sight. Should I got with .029 or .040?

thanks-Sam
Old 07-24-2004, 04:07 PM

Default RE: Left eye taking dominance when shooting with two eyes.

if you are just trying to shoot with both eyes open it takes a while to get accustomed to it.what i done was were a ball cap and take a adverstizing card for instance and apply to the bill of the cap with a paper clip then bend it down to cover your line of vision to the target.it s like you can still see everything but it helps to teach you to look with both open but puts more empathis on your eye and line of vision through the peep.try it for awhile and periodically shot with out it.practice will help you alot to overcome the blur out of the other eye at least it did me. i hope this can help you a little
as far as sight pin i think the 029 would be the better size unless your vision is impaired.i use 029 and 019 on my set up with the smaller pin for longer yardage out to 30.did you feel comfortable with the pin size before? what does your gut tell you considering what size you shot before.
Old 07-24-2004, 06:23 PM

I have a slightly stonger left eye.I would squint my left eye a little until I got lined up on the pins,the open the left eye and I would be OK.You could allways shoot instinctiveDon't seem to have any problems with the recurve and no sights.

CB
Old 07-24-2004, 06:29 PM

Just close the left eye for a second and the right will lock on. Than you can open and proceed to aim.
Old 07-24-2004, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

The image on the left is the right one, lol. Im left eye dominant and shoot right handed... I close my left eye and everythings fine. With both eyes open, i get a double image. Its gonna take some time to have enough confidence to shoot with both eyes open.... Think i may try that card trick