Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Beman Carbon Metal Matrix vs. ACC >

Beman Carbon Metal Matrix vs. ACC

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Beman Carbon Metal Matrix vs. ACC

Old 06-25-2004, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Beman Carbon Metal Matrix vs. ACC

What's the scoop on these shafts? The CMM's seem to use less components(no uni-bushing) and differnet components, but that might just be marketing. ACC's have a reputation and plenty of accesory offerings. What I want to know are the advantages/disadvantages of one vs. the other. I'm buying one or the other, but I'd like some knowledgable input.

Thanks,
Jason
Old 06-25-2004, 09:05 AM

Default RE: Beman Carbon Metal Matrix vs. ACC

I have some of each. I have shot both for over a year. Spend the little extra and get the ACC's. They have help up better and remained straighter over time than the CMM. For me anyway. Just my 2 cents...
Old 06-25-2004, 09:08 AM

Go with A/C/C's ......they are a much better arrow IME !!

The CMM that I had bent easily !

If I remember correctly........A/C/C's have 3 wraps of carbon around an aluminum core shaft !

The Bemans have a thicker aluminum core shaft and only 2 wraps of carbon !

I'm am sure they are fine if you treat them accordingly.........I was just so used to A/C/C's that I didn't !!
Old 06-25-2004, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: CBM SC

Go with A/C/C's ......they are a much better arrow IME !!

The CMM that I had bent easily !

If I remember correctly........A/C/C's have 3 wraps of carbon around an aluminum core shaft !

The Bemans have a thicker aluminum core shaft and only 2 wraps of carbon !
Yup. The Matrix are good arrows for sure, but by the time you buy them and put bushings in..which is a must IMO cause one nock end hit can separate the carbon from the alum core..you will end up spending almost as much as A/C/Cs...

The A/C/K2s are the same arrow. and way overpriced.50 bucks more a dozen for camo????![:-]...No Thanks[:'(] I built my best buddy back home a doz last summer,and they shoot well for him,but he had a couple of wobbly arrows in the dozen when new, and one that was about as good as a tomato stake.

The original A/C/Ks were a much better arrow (just an A/C/C w/ camo), but the camo faded. There's a shop up in Albany, NY (Lemmes) that has a bunch of 3-49 A/C/Ks on blowout...80 bucks a dozen, IIRC...which is great price.
Old 06-25-2004, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm not buyng just yet(maybe next month, but it's good to get some feedback. I'm not all that hard on my arrows, so either is still a consideration.....probably going with ACC's though based on the 'informed' urging of my online comrades!