Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 carbon metal matrix? >

carbon metal matrix?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

carbon metal matrix?

Old 11-13-2003, 06:09 PM

Default carbon metal matrix?

Hey guys. Im shooting easton carbons right now, but i want to go to an alluminum/carbon/composite shaft. I was looking at A/C/Cs but i dont like the G-nocks. I tried the nocks in my easton shafts right now, but they were to small for my liking to hunt with. I want the aluminum core for more kenetics downrange. Does anyone shoot these arrows? I want some feedback before i go buy.
Old 11-13-2003, 06:54 PM

Default RE: carbon metal matrix?

I love mine. Too me they are the best of both worlds. Also found that I don' t have as many bad ones in a dozen as pure carbons. I do add wraps to mine because it makes refletching easier and I seem to ruin a lot of vanes in the back yard.
B
Old 11-13-2003, 07:25 PM

Is the weight consistency pretty close? What is your total arrow wieght? When i started figuring, there going to be about 25 grains hevier than my arrows now. Thats fine, i just want to know like what your length, BH wieght, stuff like that. Thanks.
Old 11-13-2003, 08:21 PM

All the technicail specs for the A/C/C is avilable on line at Eastons webb page,
http://www.eastonarchery.com/ you can down load there specs or have them send you a catalog. The A/C/C tend to have very high standards and are very uniform. I believe wieght tolerance run about .05 +/- a dozen or so. I just started shooting these myself and really like them, much more consistant groupings then with the GoldTips I was using. Hope this helps.
Old 11-14-2003, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I want the aluminum core for more kenetics downrange.
How about these? http://www.eastonarchery.com/product...ing/acKinetic/

Old 11-14-2003, 08:31 PM

The A/C kenetics are a little heavier than i want in a 3d arrow. The what i mean by kenetics is that carbon looses energy faster than aluminum does, so it retains that energy downrange with the aluminum core and has the strength of the carbon. I know im going witht he matrix if anything, just want to know what performance you guys have had. Thanks for the sights though.
Old 11-16-2003, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Word of warning:

The Beman Matrix and A/C Kinetics are NOT up to the QC standards of " regular" A/C/C & A/C/E shafting (The Matrix and A/C/K are the same exact shaft , only the Kinetic gets the camo finish)

I built a dozen A/C Kinetics for a buddy of mine a couple of months back,and I was amazed at how poor they were straightness, and component fit. Alot of money to pay for Arrows that are not a whole lot (if any) better than the best all-carbon shafts. I' ve seen some bad run-out on the Matrix shafts too.

I personally would never shoot either without unis and G-nocks. Nock ends are too fragile.

They are a good arrow for sure, but unless the increased weight is a real issue, the A/C/Cs are a significantly better arrow for not a whole lot more $.
Old 11-16-2003, 10:02 PM

Thanks for the info on that. I may end up lookin at A/C/Cs anyways. I went to the store i work at today and was playin around with both shafts and did find the matrix to not be as straight as i though. Who knows, i may end up not switching at all, but i still have some more playing to do.