Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Carbon Metal Matrix anyone? >

Carbon Metal Matrix anyone?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Carbon Metal Matrix anyone?

Old 01-21-2003, 04:34 PM

Default Carbon Metal Matrix anyone?

Is anyone shooting the Beman Carbonmetal matrix shafts? I've been looking for a way to increase arrow weight over my current GT's and the Carbonmetal matrix's are 9.5 grs an inch. I have to have at least a 400gr arrow in Idaho and they will satisfy that. Thanks for any help.

Whatchu talkin' bout Willis?
Old 01-22-2003, 07:58 PM

Default RE: Carbon Metal Matrix anyone?

Tried them about a year 1/2 ago and found A/C/C's much more durable . The Matrix has a thicker aluminum wall(for weight) and 2 wraps of carbon , the A/C/C has a thinner wall,but 3 wraps of carbon. I had trouble with the Matrix bending relatively easy . After about two weeks I was down to 6 out of dz. I gave those 6 away and went back to A/C/C 'S at the time .I heard later that several people had complained about the same thing at the local archery shop.The A/C/C's weigh a little less but in a 3-60 you should be able to obtain 400 grains pretty easy depending on your set up.

I don't know if they have improved the Matrix since then ? Hope that helps ?!
Old 01-23-2003, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dito on cbms observation I'm sooting some matrix 400's now 28" with 4" vanes and 100 grain tips weigh 425 grains . when I tryed bare shaft tuneing 2 bent beyond use I never had that problem with acc's .

We all have different oppinions , if we did'nt the world would be a BORING place
Old 01-23-2003, 07:38 AM
tm
Fork Horn

ACCs are pricey, but if you want a cheaper arrow go with an all carbon and add weight tubes. 2 wraps of carbon just aren't enough IMHO.